Chapter Fifty-Four: Twins?

"Yep, you're definitely pregnant," Dr. Nielsen said to Wanda and (Y/N).

"We figured that much," Wanda said.

"We were just surprised. Happened overnight, practically," (Y/N) said.

"You're about four months now, correct?"

Wanda nodded, while (Y/N) shook his head. He quickly noticed her nodding and subsequently started to nod.

"I thought as much," Dr. Nielsen said. "We let the little ladies keep tabs on their growing babies with fruit. Makes it simple for them. At four months, the fetus is about as big as a pear. At five months, a papaya. Six, grapefruit. Seven, pineapple. Eight, honeydew."

(Y/N) nodded in understanding. "Ok. Let's say, hypothetically, for the sake of my nervous brain, that the baby was at 12 hours. How big would it be then?"

"Pardon?"

"I think this line of questioning is fruitless," Wanda said.

"Well, hypothetically speaking, should we be concerned?" (Y/N) asked.

"Hypothetically speaking, every new father-to-be gets nervous," Dr. Nielsen said.

"Good to know I'm not the only one blowing my brains out about how wrong this could go," (Y/N) said sarcastically.

"(Y/N), why don't you go show the doctor out?" Wanda said.

"I think that would be best, yes."

(Y/N) and Dr. Nielsen stood, making their way out the door.

"Well, I'm just glad you caught me in time," Dr. Nielsen said when the two of them got outside. "I'm taking the wife on vacation this afternoon."

"Well, have a nice holiday," (Y/N) said. He noticed Clark trimming his hedges next door. "Hey, Clark!"

"Hey buddy!" He turned back to the doctor. "Listen, can you keep it a secret for now? Everything's happening so fast and, quite frankly, we want to keep the news just in the family for now."

"Of course," Dr. Nielsen said. "Mum's the word." He walked away. "I'm off. Bermuda, baby!"

(Y/N) waved good-bye to him, and upon hearing a strange noise from behind him, turned to see that Clark had cut into the cinder-block wall with his hedge trimmer.

"Hey, Clark! Think you might have taken the hedge-trimming a little too far there, mate."

"Heh. So I have. Thanks, man," Clark said, continuing to cut through the wall.

"Yeah," (Y/N) said, confused. "Don't mention it."

Still thinking about what was up with Clark, (Y/N) went back in the house.

"Hey, Wanda, the strangest thing just happened with Clark-" He stopped speaking as he noticed her pregnancy to have accelerated yet again. "Oh Jesus! Have you gotten bigger?"

"Have I? I can't tell from this angle."

"Oh god."

-----

A little while later, Wanda was assembling a crib for the baby telekinetically while (Y/N) was reading a copious amount of parenting books.

"Nesting: The overwhelming urge during pregnancy to clean, organize, and prepare the home for the new baby," (Y/N) read from the book.

"See? You're becoming an expert already."

"Well, nothing to worry about outside of morning sickness, mood swings, aching back, and feet." He paused. "You should probably sit down."