Chapter Eighteen: Battle

The scout ship landed near (M/F/N)'s house, carrying five Kryptonians, including Zod. They exited the ship to find (M/F/N) staring at the ship, seeing someone not from this world other than her son for the first time.

Zod approached her. "The craft he arrived in, where is it?"

"Go to hell," was all she said.

Zod motioned to Faora, who grabbed (M/F/N) by the throat and held her up. They both glanced at the nearby garage.

"There," Zod said. Faora threw (M/F/N) into the grass, an act that would no doubt cause her to have injury. Faora leapt into the roof of the garage, landing directly in front of the ship. She pried open the front of it, the pod where Kal was held, and found... nothing.

She returned to Zod. "The codex is not here."

In his rage, Zod grabbed (M/F/N)'s car and threw it into her house, causing the roof to collapsed. She gasped in fear.

"Where has he hidden it?"

"I don't know," She said, and she was telling the truth.

"WHERE IS THE CODEX?" He yelled, but the second the words left Zod's mouth he heard a loud bang in the air. He turned in the direction of the noise, only to be tackled by (Y/N). (Y/N) shoved Zod through the ground for miles, punching him in the face as he did.

"You think you can threaten my mother!" he screamed at Zod as he punched him in the face, his words becoming distorted at the high speeds they were travelling at.

The two of them smashed through a Seven-Eleven, then through a gas station, causing (Y/N) to lose his grip on Zod, a massive explosion ensuing from the now-ruined gas station. (Y/N) made it out relatively unscathed, but Zod was not so lucky. His cape had been caught on fire and the helmet that allowed him to breathe had been damaged. He threw his cape onto the ground and slowly walked towards (Y/N) as he got up. 

The helmet was too buggy to be used properly, so Zod retracted it into his armor. As he did, strange things began to happen to him. His hearing was elevated, and he could see through his own hand.

"What have you done to me?"

"My parents taught me to hone my senses, Zod," (Y/N) said as he got up.

Zod fell to his knees, the senses too much for him to handle.

"Focus on just what I wanted to see," (Y/N) continued. "Without your helmet, you're getting everything. And it hurts, doesn't it?" (Y/N) was standing fully upright now, approaching Zod. He threatened his mother and his girlfriend, in the span of a few hours. (Y/N) was going to kill him.

(Y/N) turned and saw that the scout ship had caught up with the two of them, and before he could react, it fired a laser blast, knocking him into a nearby car. Two Kryptonian soldiers exited the ship, and they helped Zod up, carrying him onto the ship. Zod looked into (Y/N)'s eyes with anger, and at that moment they both knew this wasn't over. The ship took off, no doubt heading in the direction of the craft that touched down in a city a few miles from here. 'Maybe the Avengers have shown up,' he thought, wondering if Wanda was ok. 

He turned his gaze away from the ship and saw that Faora-Ul and Tor-An were approaching him, citizens running into the buildings for protection as they did. (Y/N) began to approach them as well. 

"Get inside, stay safe," he said to the people still running for cover.

His fists clenched as they walked closer to each other. They both stopped a few feet from each other, (Y/N) staring into Faora's eyes. As he was about to engage them, (Y/N) heard the sound of fighter jets behind him, and saw three massive A-10's revving up their primary weapons. He jumped out of the way of their attack just as the jets began firing. Faora did the same, and was able to avoid their shots. Tor, being the largest of the three Kryptonians, wasn't fast enough, and was his with a few shots and knocked back. The three planes went in for another pass. Tor and Faora looked at one another, knowing what to do next.