Chapter Fifteen: Zod

The scout ship docked with Zod's craft, and (Y/N) and Wanda were taken to meet him.

"What's going on?" (Y/N) said when the woman, whom he discovered was named Faora-Ul when she began to take Wanda in a different direction.

"She'll need some more things in order for her body to function properly on this ship."

(Y/N) was suspicious, but these people had done nothing to threaten her yet. So he just continued following the man, whose name was Tor-An. Eventually, they came to the ship's command bridge, where General Zod was waiting for them.

 Eventually, they came to the ship's command bridge, where General Zod was waiting for them

"Kal-El, the last son of Krypton," Zod said when (Y/N) entered. "I must say, it's quite nice to see you after all these years. Your father equipped himself with great honor."

"You killed my father?"

"I did. Not a day goes by when it doesn't haunt me. But, I must say, if I had to do it again, I would. I have a duty to my people, a duty that you too have, Kal."

"And what is that duty?"

Suddenly, (Y/N) was transported to his mother's house in (H/T). But it was different, he could tell. He knew that this was some sort of an illusion. Zod appeared next to him. 

"You were not the only thing your father sent to Earth. Along with you, he sent the Kryptonian Codex. The genetic blueprints for every being that would ever live on Krypton. I spent years searching for you, and we found many outposts our people built. We took what we could from them, even finding a world engine, a device capable of terraforming entire worlds into an exact copy of Krypton. Now that we have found you, the last member of our race, and the location of the codex, we can rebuild Krypton, here, on this world."

(Y/N) considered this for a moment. "If Krypton lives, what happens to Earth?"

"A foundation has to be built on something, Kal," Zod said as a Kryptonian world engine touched down behind them. "Even your father understood that."

(Y/N) looked down and saw that he was standing on hundreds upon thousands of human bones. 

"No. No!"

"These humans will die, Kal. Every last one of them, starting with your precious little Wanda." He spat the last word, as though it were some piece of rotten food.

"I won't let you Zod. I will never betray them."

"You already have."

The illusion went away and (Y/N) saw he had moved from his previous position, specifically, inside of one of the ship's airlocks. Zod was on the other side, and flipped a switch, sending (Y/N) flying out into space.

Zod turned back to the crew of his ship. "Deploy the world engine. Bring the phantom drive online!"

"Yes sir," one of them said.

Part of the ship split off and approached Earth. Zod's ship went in another direction and descended towards the planet. (Y/N) watched from below as the ship flew past him, into Earth's atmosphere. There was no way he could get back on that ship and find Wanda. His only hope was to stop the world engine from activating and prevent Zod from getting the codex. Then he could start to think about her.

He flew towards the world engine was entering Earth's atmosphere, ready to destroy it by any means necessary.

-----

Zod was watching the situation unfold. Kal-El was gone, and he wouldn't be able to stop him from killing Wanda.

Faora-Ul approached him. "General, we've found the location of the craft that brought Kal here. I'm going to ready a scout ship so that we may retrieve it."

"Very good. I will join you."