iii. genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

Adelaida Romanoff walked down the hallways with a purpose. As she reached the room where Loki was being contained in, an agent stopped her. "ID please." Addi rolled her eyes and tried to go on in. The agent stopped her again. "Ma'am, I'm serious." Adelaida let her eyes glow green for a second. "Go right on in." The agent said in fear. Addi walked in, walking down the few steps, trying not to make a sound. Loki was pacing in the cage. He walked a bit and then stopped. He turned and smiled at Addi. "I knew you'd come."

Addi rolled her eyes. "Oh, did you now?" "I know you, Agent Romanoff." He said, walking closer to the glass. "No, you don't." Addi said defensively. "Oh, really? Well, I know that's a fake accent, and that you're actually Russian. And I know everything little thing you've done. I even know that it was you who murdered Stark's parents." Loki said, looking her in the eyes, staring deep into her soul. Addi tensed up. "Oh, don't worry, darling. I won't tell him. But you need to protect your mind better. I know everything you're feeling." Adelaida turned away at the pet name, trying to keep the blood from rushing to her cheeks.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked and Loki ignored her. She stepped closer, crossing her arms just beneath her chest. "I'll ask again, why are you doing this?" She noticed his eyes lowering. She snapped her fingers. "Eyes up here, buddy." Loki looked back up and smirked. "Because I want to be a king. I deserve to be a king. I've heard women like that." Addi rolled her eyes again. "Not all women. And you definitely don't deserve to be king." Loki grew angry. He slammed his hands on the glass and screamed "It is my birthright!" Addi didn't even flinch. She just raised an eyebrow. Loki stepped back and said "I'm sorry." "Sure you are." He squatted down so that they were at the same height.

"Has anyone ever told you how gorgeous you are?" He asked her. "Flirting isn't going to get you out of this cage." Addi said. "Oh, I know. But remember, I know everything you feel. I know you hold an attraction towards me." "No, I don't." Addi said, looking him dead in the eyes. "Oh no, they don't call me the God of mischief and lies for nothing." Addi scoffed and turned to leave. "You'll be back." He yelled after her. "No, I won't". She said walking away. She heard Loki chuckle and then he said "Oh, you will be mine." Thinking Addi couldn't hear him, but she could. She brushed it off and left, scaring the agent with her eyes once again.

                                                                                             ***

Addi was walking in the hall when she bumped into someone. "Mom? Are you okay?" She asked, grabbing onto Natasha's arms. "Loki is gonna try and unleash the Hulk." Natasha said, grabbing Addi's hand and dragging her along. "He tried to get into my head." She said. "He got into mine earlier." Addi said. "I know. Why were you even there?" Natasha asked. "I don't know. I was just walking and then suddenly found myself there." Addi said. "Whatever. It doesn't matter. We gotta make sure Banner doesn't go crazy." Natasha said.

The mother and daughter duo met up with Thor and then headed towards the lab. Natasha led the way and Thor fell back into step with Addi. "Did he tell you anything?" He asked her. "No, other than he thinks he deserves to be a king." Addi said, purposefully leaving out everything else. The three entered the room where Bruce, Tony, Steve and Fury already were. "Did you know about this?" Bruce asked both Natasha and Adelaida. Addi didn't even know what he was talking about. "You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Natasha asked him. Bruce chuckled and said "I was in Calcutta. I was pretty removed." "Loki is manipulating you." Addi said.

"And you've been doing what, exactly?" Bruce exclaimed. Addi tuned out the conversation. Tony said something and then Addi tuned back in when Fury responded with "Remind me how you made your fortune, Stark?" Addi knew Stark used to make weapons, but she didn't know how she knew that. "I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck deep-" Tony interrupted him. "Hold on. How is this now about me?" "I'm sorry, isn't everything?" Steve asked. "I thought humans were more evolved than this." Thor commented. "Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?" Fury yelled. Everyone started talking over one another and Addi's senses got overwhelmed.

She leaned back onto a table and tried to catch her breath. "Everyone just shut up!" She screamed with tears threatening to escape her eyes. Natasha went over to her, rubbing her shoulders. Everyone else ignored her. "You speak of control, yet you court chaos." Thor said. Addi rolled her eyes and put her head in her hands, rubbing at her eyes. Tony and Steve started an argument that stood out from the rest. "Yeah. Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?" Steve asked. "Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist." Tony answered without a second thought.

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. I've seen the footage." Steve said. "The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you." "I think I would just cut the wire." Tony commented. Steve looked at everyone and then said "Always a way out. You may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero." Addi silently cheered him on. "A hero? Like you? You're a laboratory experiment, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle." Tony said, staring Steve down. Addi stood up. "Hey, now wait a minute...." She started but Tony cut her off.

"Oh, you can't say anything, you're exactly the same." He said and Addi froze. "Oh yeah. I know all about the all those blue and green vials they injected into you. You're a murderer, Romanoff, and you'll always be a murderer." "Oh, you mean like you? At least I've owned up to the people I've killed. You haven't. And you won't. You'll just keep blaming everybody else for your mistakes." Adelaida said, feeling her eyes start to burn. Steve stepped in front of her. "Put on the suit. Let's go a few rounds." He said to Tony. Thor started laughing. "You people are so petty, and tiny." He said. Everyone started arguing again. 

While Bruce was yelling, he picked up the scepter. Addi let a ball of green energy form in one hand. A computer started beeping. Suddenly, there was an explosion.