ix. howard stark, shield founder

Six months after Adelaida had been woken up, and after six long months of training, it was time for the mission. Adelaida had packed an overnight bag, as they were leaving a day early, and then exited her cell. Her handler was there waiting for her. He took the bag from her and then cuffed her wrists behind her back as a precaution. He led her throughout the long halls of the HYDRA base and outside, where a plane was waiting for them. He pushed her back and she stumbled onto the plane. Her bag was given to an attendant, and her handler unlocked the cuffs.

Adelaida sat down in one of the comfortable plane seats, and immediately after, one of her wrists was locked down onto the arm rest. She looked up at her handler in confusion. "Just another precaution." He said smirking. Adelaida scoffed and rolled her eyes before getting slapped across the face. She quieted down after that. After about ten minutes, The Winter Soldier and his handler entered the plane. Adelaida and her father nodded at each other in respect, and then everyone took their seats. Soon after that, the plane took off. Adelaida had no idea where they were going. She opened her mouth to speak but her handler gave her a look and she quickly closed it.

"Once we land in New York we will go to the hotel and you will be given more details on this mission. As of now, all that I will tell you is that you need to find and kill Howard Stark, SHIELD founder. We need more super soldier serum, and he is the only one we can get it from. And we all know he won't just hand it over willingly." Adelaida's father's handler said, briefly explaining everything. Adelaida nodded while looking out the window at the ground below her. She had never seen anything so amazing. Without even thinking or realizing, the familiar green mist had come out of her hands and started floating around near her.

Her handler noticed this, and his hand quickly went to the taser hooked in his belt. But he quickly removed his hand after noticing that she didn't have any intentions to harm anyone, and it was almost as if she was doing this unconsciously. Everyone just left it at that and enjoyed the rest of the flight to New York, with nobody speaking, and with barely any movement.

***

Once the quartet had gotten to New York, it was very late at night, so they ushered into the hotel room. The two handlers immediately went to sleep, giving the two super soldiers strict orders, mostly Adelaida, on not to escape. Her father was allowed to go out though. He had left to go and steal some food from a corner store, so Adelaida was on high alert. She locked all the doors and windows, closed the curtains, and turned off all the lights. There was no way they were going to get caught. Adelaida sat down at the table and stared at her hands, not wanting to practice her magic in case someone saw the glow through the curtains. She heard someone at the door so she quickly hopped up and grabbed a rifle, pointing it at the door.

She sighed and lowered the rifle when she saw that it was only her father. She placed the gun back down and said "It's only you." "Did you think I was going to murder you?" He asked in Russian. "You never know." Adelaida responded in a joking tone. The Winter Soldier placed the bag of food down on the ground and sighed before quickly looking to the beds, thankful that the two handlers were still asleep. Adelaida saw his guard come down and a bit of light come back into his eyes. He held his arms open and Adelaida launched herself into them, tucking her head underneath his chin. James looked down at the teen girl and placed a tentative kiss on the top of her head. The father and daughter duo stayed like that for as long as they could, until they heard a stir in one of the handlers.

***

It was late at night. The two super soldiers suited up in all black, and then the handlers pulled out the green and red notebooks, and said the trigger words. The Winter Soldier and The Winter Widow had arrived. The light left their eyes, until they were motionless, human puppets. The instructions were given, and the two set out on their motorcycles. The Winter Soldier saw the car and sped up, The Winter Widow soon following. She used her magic to send the car into a tree. The two soldiers turned around and stopped, getting off their motorcycles. They noticed Howard Stark crawling out of the car. The Winter Soldier stalked over to him.

The Winter Widow went to his wife, Maria, and wrapped her hand around her throat. She watched as The Winter Soldier beat the life out of Howard, dragging him back to the car. The Winter Widow squeezed Maria's throat, forcing her to look at her dead husband, before killing her. She let go and walked over to the camera she noticed. She pulled a gun out of her thigh holster, before shooting the camera. The Winter Soldier quickly grabbed the case of super soldier serum that was in the trunk, and then the two fled the scene.

***

Back in Siberia, inside the HYDRA base, the doctors had injected others with the super soldier serum. It made some of them crazy, others were driven with power. Adelaida watched as her father sparred with one of them. He was one of the most hopeful ones. He was easily overpowering her father. He kicked her father into a wall, and Adelaida let her powers take over. Her handler clapped a hand on her shoulder and shook his head at her. She stepped back and watched as a doctor went up to the new recruit. He threw the doctor down to the ground, getting ready to kill him.

Adelaida's handler nodded at her and she stepped forward, using her magic to knock him out. The other recruits came after her. Her father grabbed their handlers and led them through the hall as they took out their guns. Adelaida used her magic to stop each and every one of them. Her handler threw her into her cell as soon as they were out. He went to leave, but turned back and said in Russian, "Good work soldier."