xviii. you get killed, walk it off

"I looked in your head and saw annihilation." Wanda said, stepping forward. "Look again." The Vision told her. Clint laughed. "Her seal of approval means jack to me." "Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone. And they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side.." Steve cut Thor off. "Is it? Are you? On our side?" "I don't think it's that simple." The Vision responded. "Well, it better get real simple real soon." Clint said. "I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't. He will end it all." "What's he waiting for?" Tony asked. "You." "Where?" Bruce asked. "Sokovia." Clint responded. "He's got Nat there, too." "Well, let's hurry up and get going then." Addi said, angrily.

Bruce approached the Vision. "If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..." "What will you do?" There was an awkward silence for a second. "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth. So, he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So, there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." The Vision said, handing Thor his hammer, Mjolnir. Everyone looked around in confusion.

"Three minutes. Get what you need." Steve said. Addi gestured for the twins to follow her. She led them to the locker room. "Wait here. Pietro, there's probably some stuff in the lockers that will fit you. Wanda, I'll be back with clothes for you." They nodded and entered the room as Addi went to her own bedroom. She grabbed a black dress and some socks and boots from her closet and then headed to Natasha's room where she grabbed a red leather jacket.

Pietro was putting on a shirt when she opened the door. Addi bit her lip while looking at his abs. She cleared her throat and handed the clothes to Wanda. "Here. You like red, right? The bathroom's right through there." She said, gesturing to it. "Thank you." Wanda said, before leaving Addi and Pietro alone. Addi laughed uncomfortably. "Well, this is awkward." She said. Pietro sighed. "Why did you leave?" He asked. "I was forced to." "Why?" He asked. Addi sighed. "Because I loved you." Pietro just stared at her. "I was always taught that love is weakness and it will only hurt you in the end. So I had to be taken away. And then I got my memory wiped and-" Addi trailed off when she noticed Pietro walking towards her.

He grabbed her waist and kissed her. Addi was too shocked to do anything for a second, but then she kissed him back, her arms snaking around his neck. He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist. His hands went to her thighs to keep her steady. He backed her up against the lockers, creating a banging sound. Addi felt his tongue swipe across her bottom lip. She let him in and she moaned a bit. Her hands went to his silver hair and she tugged on it, making him moan. He moved his hips closer to hers, trying to get as close as humanly possible.

They heard someone clear their throat and they jumped apart. Wanda looked at them with an eyebrow raised. Addi jumped down and fixed her hair. "We should get going. I'm sure it's been longer than three minutes." She said and basically ran out of the room. The twins followed her and she grabbed her guns and strapped them into her thigh holsters before leaving. They got onto the quinjet and everyone was waiting for them. Steve gestured to Addi's lips. "You got a little..." He mouthed at her. Addi wiped at her mouth, blushing furiously.

Steve turned and addressed the whole team. "Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace. And that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters. That we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right." Clint flew the quinjet all the way to Sokovia. He landed and everyone stepped off. Pietro leaned down to give Addi a kiss on the cheek. "Be safe." He said with a wink. "You too." Addi responded.