vi. they killed my parents

Everyone watched as Scott sized himself up to a giant. "I guess that's the signal." Steve commented. "Let's go, Scott!" Addi cheered. The trio started running to the quinjet. Vision tore down a tower next to them, trying to block their way. Addi froze and tried to hold it up. She couldn't keep it up and run at the same time. Red magic intertwined with the green and Addi looked back. Wanda was keeping it up. "Go! I got this!" She shouted. "Thanks!" Addi yelled back at her.

Wanda let go but they made it in just before it collapsed. Natasha stood there. "You're not gonna stop." She realized. "You know we can't." Steve told her. Natasha sighed. "I'm gonna regret this." She said and blasted T'Challa who was behind them. "Go." "Thanks mom. Love you." Addi said, giving Natasha a kiss on the cheek before running towards the quinjet after Bucky and Steve.

They got on the quinjet and Steve quickly hijacked it, flying away. Rhodey flew after them. Tony followed after him and Sam followed after them both. Vision shot at Sam but it hit Rhodey instead. Addi looked out the window. "Rhodey's down." She said.

                                                                                                  ***

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky asked as Steve flew them to Siberia. Steve sighed. "Whatever it is, we'll deal with it." "I don't know if I'm worth all this, Steve." Bucky said. "Dad..." Addi started. "What you did all those years. It wasn't you. You didn't have a choice." "I know. But I did it." Addi and Steve looked down. Addi knew what that was like. To know that things were wrong but having to do them anyway because you have no choice. It was terrible.

                                                                                                  ***

Steve landed them at the base in Siberia. "You remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve asked Bucky before they left the quinjet. "Was that the time we used our train money to buy hot dogs?" Bucky asked. "You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead." "What was her name again?" "Dolores. You called her Dot." "Well, it seems that you've always had a thing for redheads then." Addi said while laughing. "She's gotta be a hundred years old right now." "So are we, pal. Addi, how old are you?" "Almost fifty two." She responded.

Steve looked at her. "I never thanked you for coming alone with me. You know you didn't have to." "Well, I agree with your stance on this, and plus, you promised you'd always be there for me, it's my turn to do the same for you." She said and the two hugged before stepping off the quinjet.

The door to the base was already opened. "He can't have been here more than a few hours." "Long enough to wake them up." Bucky said and they entered the base with Addi leading the way. They entered the elevator and went down to the main floor of the base. Bucky and Addi exited first with Steve behind them. Addi formed a ball of green energy in her hands just in case someone was around the corner.

They started going up the stairs when they heard a thud from behind them. They whipped around with their weapons out. "You ready?" Steve asked. "Yeah." Bucky and Addi said in unison. The door was pushed open and there was Tony. "You seem a little defensive." He said. "It's been a long day." "At ease, soldier. I'm not currently after you." Tony shouted to Bucky who was still behind them.

"Then why are you here?" Steve asked him. "Could be your story's not so crazy. Maybe. Ross has no idea I'm here. I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise, I gotta arrest myself." "Well, that sounds like a lot of paperwork." Tony scoffed. "It's good to see you, Tony." "You too, Cap. Hey, Manchurian Candidate, you're killing me. There's a truce here. You can drop..." Bucky lowered his gun.