xvii. go ahead, piss me off

"Addi, let's go." Natasha said just after Lila fell asleep. Addi placed the book down and turned the lights off before leaving the room. She gave Laura a hug before leaving. "Next time I see you, you're probably gonna have three kids. Good luck." She said. "Thank you. Be safe. All of you. And keep on eye on him for me, please." Laura said. "You got it." She said, winking, before boarding the quinjet. "And don't forget to tell your loverboy the truth!" Was the last thing Addi heard before the doors closed.

                                                                                              ***

Steve and Addi climbed over the railing of the building. They could see Helen Cho's lab in the distance. "Two minutes. Stay close." Steve said into his earpiece. Steve quickly ran and Addi quickly flew over there. "Doctor Cho!" Steve shouted as they saw her lying on the ground. She was bleeding heavily. Steve pressed a cloth onto the wound. "He's uploading himself into the body." She said. "Where?" He asked. Addi moved the cloth out of the way. She held her hand above the open wound. She couldn't close it all the way, but enough to stop the bleeding.

Steve went to leave but Helen pulled him back. "The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark." She explained. "First, I have to find it." Steve said. "Go." Helen ordered them, and they ran off. "Did you guys copy that?" Steve asked into his earpiece. Steve spoke to Clint while Addi stood at the bottom of the ladder, making sure he didn't fall.

They looked at the truck on the level below them and ran to the other side. They both jumped over the railing. Steve landed on top of the truck while Addi launched herself in the air. The back door of the truck swung open with Steve attached to it. Addi dived lower, ready to catch him if he fell, but he hung on. He got launched into the air, but landed on the door that was falling off. He was pushed backwards and landed on a car. He swung onto another truck and jumped onto the truck again.

Steve kept throwing his shield at Ultron while Addi blasted him from above. Ultron shot at her and she went flying. She was going too fast to stop herself. She closed her eyes and braced herself for the impact of her body hitting the ground. But it never came. Someone caught her. She opened her eyes and it was Pietro. "Thanks." She said, jumping out of his arms. She felt the blood dripping from her side where Ultron struck her. She lifted her shirt up and placed her hand on the gash. She breathed in and out slowly as she felt the wound close. She ignored Pietro and Wanda's gazes as she launched herself into the air once again.

"Addi! I could use your help here!" She heard Clint say as she saw him flying the quinjet straight up. "On my way." She responded. She flew upwards and knocked the two robots off the quinjet. She ripped them apart and let their body pieces fall into the water below. Two more appeared and started heading back towards Steve. Addi flew after them and entered the train Steve was in. A blue flash went by her and smashed into Ultron. Pietro. Wires that were surrounded by a red mist blocked Ultron from them. Wanda. "Please, don't do this." Ultron said to the twins.

"What choice do we have?" Wanda asked. Ultron blasted a hole through the entire train and then escaped. The train crashed through the street. Steve turned to Addi and the twins. "Civilians in our path." He said and Pietro took off running. "Can you two stop this thing?" He asked. Wanda and Addi looked at each other and nodded. The two girls moved their arms back and let their powers take over. The green and red mists went under the train and to its wheels and brakes.

Wanda got off the train and immediately went to Pietro. "I'm fine. I just need to take a minute." He said. "I'm very tempted not to give you one." Steve said as they walked towards them. "The Cradle? Did you get it?" Wanda asked. "Stark will take care of it." Steve said. "No, he won't." Wanda said. Steve looked at Addi. "She's kind of not wrong Steve. He has made some questionable decisions in the past." She said. "You don't know what you're talking about." Steve said, looking at Wanda. "Stark's not crazy." Addi shrugged. "He will do anything to make things right." Wanda said. "Stark, come in. Stark." Steve said speaking into his earpiece. "Anyone on comms?" "Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?" Wanda commented.

                                                                                              ***

Steve, Addi, Wanda and Pietro entered the room and saw Tony and Bruce trying to upload something into the Cradle. "I'm gonna say this once." Steve said. "How about nonce?" Tony suggested. "Shut it down!" Steve shouted. "Nope, not gonna happen." "You don't know what you're doing." "And you do?" Bruce asked. "She's not in your head?" Wanda stepped forward. "I know you're angry." "Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." Bruce said. Addi stepped in front of Wanda, tightening her fingers and holding them up, a light green mist coming out. "Not on my watch." She said. "Banner, after everything that's happened-" Steve started but Tony interrupted him.

"It's nothing compared to what's coming!" "You don't know what's in there." Wanda said the same time Steve shouted "This isn't a game!" Pietro ran around the room and unhooked everything. "No, no, go on." He said. "You were saying?" A gun was shot through the floor and he fell through. "Pietro!" Wanda and Addi shouted running over. "What? You didn't see that coming?" Clint asked him. The Cradle started beeping. "I'm rerouting the upload." Tony said. Steve threw his shield at everything. One of Tony's Iron Man hands flew to him and he blasted Steve back. Bruce put Wanda into a chokehold.

"Go ahead, piss me off." He said. Wanda used her powers to move energy through her body and into Bruce, who flew backwards. Thor flew in and landed on top of the Cradle. He harnessed some lightning and hit the Cradle. The Cradle then exploded, blasting Thor, and everyone else back. A red body came out of it. In the center of its forehead sat the gem that was inside Loki's scepter.

It made eye contact with Wanda and her eyes widened. Everyone stood up. The body flew at Thor, who threw him throughout the tower. Steve and Addi flew into the lounge room. Thor held his hand out for them to stop. The body put some clothes on himself. It flew down and spoke. "I'm sorry. That was odd. Thank you." "Thor. You helped create this?" Steve asked. "I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life, and at its center is that." Thor said, pointing at the gem. "What? The gem?" Bruce asked. "It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones. The greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." Thor explained.

"They why would you bring..." "Because Stark is right." "Oh, it's definitely the end times." Bruce said. "The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." Thor said. "Not alone." The Vision said. "Why does your Vision sound like JARVIS?" Steve asked. "We reconfigured JARVIS' matrix to create something new." Tony said. "I think I've had my fill of new." Steve said. "You think I'm a child of Ultron." The Vision said. "You're not?" Addi spoke up. "I'm not Ultron. I am not JARVIS. I am.. I am."