vi. how's my favourite midgardian

"I love you." He whispered into her hair as she laid on his chest on the grass. She looked up into his green eyes. "I love you too." She said and he leaned down for a kiss. She jumped up. "You're gonna have to catch me first." She teased, winking at him, before flying off. She flew throughout the field, before coming to a tree at the edge of the forest. She landed gracefully on a branch and sat down. She felt a pair of hands on her waist. "Did you really think you could escape me, my love?" He whispered into her ear, before placing a gentle kiss on her neck. She giggled. Adelaida lightly tugged on his long, black hair, bringing his lips to hers. She pulled away and placed a hand on his cheek. "Loki..."

                                                                                            ***

Addi woke with a start. She had had another weird dream about Loki again. She tried to slow her beating heart. She saw that it was dark out. Her sleep schedule was messed up, but decided to get up anyway. She uncuffed herself from the bedpost and went to the kitchen in her small apartment. She poured herself a cup of coffee and looked out the window of her apartment at the dark London skyline. Addi looked at the clock and noticed that it was around twelve am. She quickly shoved on a pair of slippers and headed next door, still in her pajamas.

Addi opened the door. "Jane, I had another weird dream about-" She trailed off once she saw the God of Thunder standing in front of her. "Thor! Oh my God!" She yelled, placing her mug down and jumping into his arms. "Lady Adelaida, how's my favourite midgardian?" He asked, picking her up and spinning her around. Jane gave them a look and Addi just smiled at her. "Well, I'm still having nightmares, but what can you do, y'know?" Addi said as he set her down on the floor again. Thor's smile dropped. "He talks about you, you know." He said. Adelaida didn't need to ask who he was talking about, she already knew. "Of course he does."

"Wait, how do you two know each other?" Thor asked, looking between Addi and Jane. "SHIELD business." Addi responded, sipping her coffee and not going into any further detail. "Anyways, what's going on? What are you doing here?" She asked, looking at Thor, Jane, Darcy, Selvig, and Ian. "You might want to sit down for this." Selvig told her, gesturing to a seat at the table. She sat down, looking at everyone in confusion and concern.

                                                                                               ***

"So, you touched a weird, red, glowing liquid, and now, dark elves are coming after you?" Addi asked, looking at Jane. "It's crazy, right?" Darcy said. "I'm actually not surprised." Addi said, shrugging her shoulders. "A bunch of aliens came out of a portal in New York last year, so, yeah, not surprised." She continued. "We could use your help in stopping them." Thor said. Addi nodded. "I'll go get changed." She said, finishing her coffee, before leaving Jane and Darcy's apartment.

She entered her apartment and placed the mug in the kitchen sink. She entered her bedroom and pulled out her suit, which consisted of a pair of skin tight leather pants, a black sports bra, a leather jacket, and a pair of long, leather boots that went above her knees. She put her hair up into a ponytail, and slipped her guns into the holsters on her thighs. She slid a knife into her pocket. Addi made sure she had everything before exiting her apartment.

"Let's go." She said, meeting everyone outside. "Okay, Addi, go with Darcy and Ian for now." Thor ordered her. She nodded. "Where are we going exactly?" She asked. "Greenwich." Jane responded. "Greenwich? Why Greenwich?" "That's where the nine realms are aligning." Selvig tried to explain. Addi didn't understand. It's not like she learned science while in captivity. "Okay..." She said, confused.

By the time they got to Greenwich, it was already light out. "Focus! This is important." Darcy said. "We have to hammer them in all around the site, and then Jane and Erik will activate them from the tower." She continued. "They're taped together." Ian commented. "Do you even know what these things do?" Darcy asked the two. "No." Addi responded. "Didn't you learn this in Russian school?" Darcy asked Addi. "No. I did not learn science in the Red Room or at HYDRA." Addi said, frustrated. "Well, I don't know either." Darcy said.

"Okay, you guys do whatever you need to do, and I'm gonna keep a look out for these dark elves." Addi said before lifting off the ground into the sky. She saw the water make a big splash, almost as something was moving through it. "Shit." She said as a giant ship materialized out of thin air. She flew higher, moving out of the way. Another portal opened up in the sky. Thor flew out of it. Addi landed on top of the tower Jane and Selvig were in. She watched everything from above.

More portals opened up. Some of the dark elves disappeared. Addi saw Thor get blasted into the top of a building. She flew down, ready to help him, when she saw him disappear. She landed on the ground. She looked up and saw cars falling from the sky. Thor and an elf fell down too, before disappearing again. Addi saw Jane and Selvig running, but they were cornered by a bunch of elves. She landed in between the two groups. She turned to look at Jane and Selvig. "Go." She said.

She blasted some of the elves away. She used her powers and ripped their hearts out and to rip their heads off. She managed to kill most of the elves and took off after Jane and Selvig. Jane pressed a button on her little machine and Darcy and Ian appeared, kissing. "Darcy?" Jane asked. Darcy pulled away from Ian. "Jane!" She exclaimed. Ian fell to the ground. "Ian." Selvig said. "Selvig!" Ian said from the ground. "Wow, what about me?" Addi said.

"Mew mew!" Darcy said as Thor's hammer flew past. Addi's phone beeped. She looked down and saw a text from the Avengers group chat. It was her mother. "Are you alright?" The text read. One from Clint came in next. "We're watching it on the news. It seems pretty crazy." It said. Her phone beeped again. "Do you need help?" Tony asked. Addi responded with "No, we're good. Gotta go." She didn't wait for a reponse before putting her phone away.

Everyone had left the spot as she was texting. "Damn it!" She yelled and ran to the middle of the area. Thor was passed out on the ground and Jane was trying to move him, but the ship was moving towards them. Without thinking, Addi blasted the ship back, and it went through a portal. "Everybody okay?" Selvig asked, holding a machine. Jane laid her head on Thor's chest and his eyes opened. Darcy grabbed Ian by the neck and kissed him. Addi looked at them in disgust.

                                                                                           ***

Addi entered Jane and Darcy's apartment with her bags. "Hey." She said, grabbing an apple out of the fruit bowl. "Hey, what's with the bags?" Darcy asked. "I'm heading back to Washington. I have a feeling I'm gonna be needed there soon." She said, smiling at the group of four. "Well, good luck. We'll see you soon." Jane said, coming up and hugging her. Addi nodded and hugged Darcy, Selvig and Ian before leaving.

                                                                                        ***

Addi stepped off the quinjet at the SHIELD base. She thanked the pilot before leaving. She said hello to every agent she passed. "Your car's out front." Director Fury said as she passed his office. "Thanks Fury." She said, not even bothering to stop and say hello. She went to the parking lot and found her emerald green jeep waiting for her, just like Fury said it would. She got in and started driving to her apartment.

She reached the apartment building and used her ID to get in. She smiled at her neighbour before unlocking the apartment door. Addi opened the door and said "Steve, you're never gonna believe what happened!"