xix. hi, i'm scott

Adelaida Romanoff sat in Wanda Maximoff's bedroom in the Avengers facility. The two were watching a sitcom that Wanda liked from the seventies called 'The Brady Bunch.' Wanda was trying to catch Addi up on some of the things she missed when she was in captivity. "I don't understand how you can watch this." Addi said. "I can't see how you don't enjoy it. You liked The Dick Van Dyke Show and Bewitched." Wanda said. "Because that's more of around my time. This, this is all you." She said. Wanda rolled her eyes and the two girls turned back to the episode that was playing on the TV. An alarm went off through the whole facility.

"I'll be back." Addi said slipping on a pair of Wanda's sneakers. She ran downstairs and grabbed a jacket on her way out the door. Sam appeared next to her. "We've got an intruder." He said. "What? How?" Addi asked as they exited the building. Addi and Sam took off flying. They landed on the roof. "I had a sensor trip but I'm not seeing anything." Sam said. Addi saw the small man on the ground that looked like a bug. She lightly hit Sam. "Wait a second. We can see you." He said. The man got bigger. His mask opened and he said "Hi, I'm Scott." Addi leaned over to Sam. "Did he just say 'hi, I'm Scott'?"

"What are you doing here?" Sam asked. "First off, I'm a big fan." "Appreciate it. So, who the hell are you?" "I'm Ant Man." "Ant Man?" Addi asked. "What? You haven't heard of me? No, you wouldn't have heard of me." "You wanna tell us what you want?" Sam asked. "I was hoping I could grab a piece of technology. Just for a few days. I'm gonna return it. I need it to save the world. You know how that is." "We know exactly how that is. Located the breach." Sam said as he walked towards Scott. "Bringing him in." "Sorry about this!" Scott shouted and shrunk down as Sam went to grab him.

Sam went flying. Scott kicked him. Addi flew off after him. She landed on the grass looking for Scott. She pushed her hands together and moved them apart, creating a giant ball of green energy in between them. Sam went to step on him but he kept kicking Sam back. Sam took out his guns and started firing at him. Addi noticed Sam moving back and forth. Scott was hitting him again. "That's enough!" Sam yelled. Sam hit him and he got bigger again. Sam grabbed him and started flying away. Scott jumped down. Addi tried to catch him but he shrunk down again.

He got bigger and wrapped his legs around Sam's neck. He got smaller and threw Sam over his back. Sam hit him with his wings and he got bigger. He shrunk down again. He entered the storage unit. Sam and Addi flew after him. Scott dragged the both of them out while he was small. He powered down Sam's wings. Addi landed on the ground next to him. "I can't see him." She said. "It's really important to me that Cap never finds out about this." Sam said.

Addi went back into the facility and went to Wanda's room. She jumped on the bed and landed on top of Wanda. She lifted her head from Wanda's chest and smiled at her. "Let's go out and do something." She said. Wanda sighed and said "Let's go." They stood up and Addi went to her room to grab her keys. "You wanna drive?" She asked Wanda as they exited the building. "Sure." Wanda said and took the keys from her. She got into the drivers seat and Addi got in the passenger side.

Wanda pulled onto the highway. "Okay, you can go a little faster." Addi said and Wanda sped up. "Okay, not that fast! There's still a speed limit." Addi said. Wanda slowed down a bit. They went to the mall and Wanda parked the emerald green jeep. They went to a couple of stores, and got even more clothes than they needed. The two girls decided to go out for dinner after that.

***

The two girls finished their dinner and went to go pay. Wanda looked through her purse to get her credit card. Addi beat her to it. Wanda looked up at her. "You didn't have to do that." She said. "I know. But I wanted to." Addi responded. "Do you want to get ice cream?" Addi asked her. Wanda nodded excitedly. "Okay, let's go!" Addi said and grabbed Wanda's hand, running out of the restaurant.

They got to the ice cream shop and Addi got a scoop of cherry ice cream and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Wanda got two scoops of mint chocolate chip. "You should try it." Wanda said, holding out the cone to her. Addi took a bite. "Did you just bite your ice cream?!" Wanda yelled. Addi ignored her. "It's really good." She said, and then Wanda took some of hers. Addi laughed. "I told you." Wanda said smugly. Addi rolled her eyes. Wanda's smile dropped. "Do you miss him?" She asked. "Everyday." Addi responded as she finished her ice cream cone. Addi noticed they were still holding hands and let go. Wanda then surprised her by taking out her phone.

She took a picture of the two of them. "Oh my god! Send that to me." Addi said. She pulled out her phone when Wanda sent it to her. "So cute." She said and set it as her phone background. "Let's go home." She said. They got into Addi's jeep and Wanda drove them back home. They entered the facility and said hi to everyone. They went to Addi's room and put on Princess and the Frog on the flat screen TV.

The two girls watched the movie, not noticing the glances the girls would sometimes give the other one. The movie ended and Wanda went to leave. Addi gave her a hug before she left. "Goodnight, Wanda." She said, pulling away. "Goodnight, Addi." Wanda said, giving her one last smile before leaving the room.