Hide me

Tony was sure he was gonna die today.... Here at this very room, forced into the chair, no windows, no phone or his glasses, no access to outside world to call out for help..... He was all alone, this was the end on The Tony Stark, in this very room, on this very chair......

"Stark, stark STARK... TONNY...... are you even listening to me..... This meeting is for  our last mission report debriefing, you already re scheduled it two times and came two hours late today..... Please you won't die if you put up some of your attention for at least one more hour..... Then you will be free to go... Where ever you are daydreaming to be"... A very exasperated captain said.....

"How do you know I won't die from boredom in next twenty minutes capsical.... All I know that we won the mission,..... In detail..... We went there, took names, kicked ass..... Came back and had a wonderful candle light dinner with wine.... " Tony further leaned back in one of those uncomfortable conference room chairs.... Maybe he should get these chairs changed.... Poor Pepper have to sit on them for hours. .. So the very next thing he would do after leaving this God awful meeting is get rid of these chairs...
His train of thought was interrupted by a deliberate throat clearing sound coming somewhere from his left....

"Ummm sorry to burst your bubble Stark but YOU got to have a candle light dinner with wine with your WIFE.... Rest of us were either getting patched up in medbay or were making this mission report that we are trying to discuss here.... " The semi resident archer gave a piece of his mind before captain righteous can say..... Though he had no anger in his comment.... Actually he too was bored to death and all he want right now was to go back to his floor... Empty the fridge, and video call his family.... So to fuel this friendly banter was a little refreshing.....

"Well I offer the top Michelin star chef cooked meal to u all.... Which you all gracefully denied. " Tony reprimanded as he got the idea of Clint's attempts to end the meeting... And that would just make captain America furious... That was Tony's favorite pass time activity...

"We were having 5 star food and no one invited me" Sam spoke as all the noise woke him up from his nap.

"You were in the med bay bird brain.... How in hell were you going to eat when you were already high as kite... " Bucky didn't even looked up from table where his gun was sprawled out as he cleaned each and every piece delicately.

"Enough boys...,we are getting off topic and it will only make this meeting go longer.... And it looks like our captain here will pop a blood vessel if he is not able to lead the conversation again... " Natasha just smirk, though she herself had no intention of going back to stupid mission report..
Finally Steve took a long breath as everyone in room gave him space to speak again... "Thank you so much natasha.... So as I was saying.... "

"God all these food talk made hulk hungry..... Is anyone else hungry??? "

There were a collective yes, and obviously and other affirmatives.... When suddenly the door to the conference room started to open.... It didn't as such startled as it was opening slowing, like really slowing.... And now everyone was able to see two small chubby hands trying to push the door open with all its vigour . the kid wearing a baby yoda onsie was now getting to the other side of the door and repeating the motion only to close the door now.... The room was turned eerily silent as they continue to watch the manifestation of a little boy with a mop of brown curls...

The kid turned towards the occupants of the room but his little height didn't gave him full view... He plattered to the long conference table and grabbed it with his tiny hand and stood on his tippy toes.... As soon as he found what he was looking for, he took a dash towards the person screaming and giggling only one thing....

"Daddy, daddy..... Hide me.... Hide me.... Bad guy is coming.." The little kid got to his destination and wrapped his chubby arms around the billionaire's legs , hiding his face in hundred dollar suit pants.... The said billionaire put his hands under the arms of the toddler and pulled him up on his lap.... Where the kid made himself comfortable as it was long practiced and tried to bury his face in the band  t shirt his dad was wearing....