Legacy??

The midnight moon was shining through the curtains in the room. A peaceful aura filled the atmosphere, giving the solance to the tired parent of two, then suddenly this peace and comfort was thrown out of the window when the wailing sound of a kid through baby monitor filled the room...

"Uuhg Peter... Peter....... PETERR!!!"!(slaming her hand on his bare hands)

" Ooh... I am up ...i am upp.... What happen, where the emergency.... "... The sleep deprived father looked around like a manic to find the threat to his family...

" Your son,,, he is up...... Go...... "

Peter planting his face back on the pillow...

"Mj, how could you know it's my kid,
.... Maybe this time it's yours that is throwing the tantrum"... Peter getting comfortable again on his bed..... Just before thrown down on the floor with a thud by a kick from his wife....

" It's your's cause my Ben would never disturb his mum at this ungodly hour.... Now gooo,,..... He might be scared... "

"FINE.... I am going..... you always do this(Peter wishpered under his breath with a pout on his face..)
..

"What did u SAYY!!! "

..
..
..

"NOTHING,, I love u.. Byeeee"

"Good"

In the nursery of the twins

.
.
Peter entered the dimly lit room of the his kids...... And gave a proud smile looking at the iron man helmet turned lamp.. (Huhh... And MJ said it was of no use.... Hahaha... On your face... Oopss.. Nope)

Peter pulled back his focus on the kid jumping in his crib holding it like the jail bars..... The brown doe eyes of his always  brought the memories back with his father.....

Peter pulled the kid out of his crib aka jail into his arms...

"So mister, what's your reason for tonight's midnight adventure.. Huh.....
Don't you love torturing your tired dad..... What you say Tony? "

The boy blabbered in agreement, recieving a chuckle from his dad...

"So let's see... U woke me up, and u yourself are in no mood to get back to sleep, so I think we should discuss some important matters we have in hand... What do you say bambino? "

"Hmmm mmmm" The little one gave a nodd in agreement...... Sure he was a smart kid..

Peter took Tony to the living room "because we don't want to wake up your brother too... Huhhh... "

"So Tony... You see you and your brother are going to be one year old next month.... Huhh.... That's a BIG number buddy.... You will be the big boys..

So from papa, what do YOU want for your birthday gift...... I will ask Ben in the morning. What you say".

Peter laughed at his own attics...he was really talking to his, no-even-one year old, as if he would understand... Really parenthood change people...

Tony on the other hand gave a serious look, as if he was really considering what to ask for.... Who knows he really was thinking..... U can never guess with a Stark....

Tony's eyes suddenly shone with pleasure and he started tapping with his chubby hands on his fathers arc reactor.... "Daadaadaaa"..

" Hy buddy, u want this...... Sorry mummchkin.. Daddy can't give it to you, it keeps your dada alive you see..... And I promise I will never let this(pointing to the reactor in his chest) happen to any of you.... You know your grandpa tones was also not happy to give me this...... But he didn't had a choice...... But I have a choice to protect you and your brother. So sorry buddy I can't let you have this in million years"

Tony understood the rejection for his request and put his ultimate weapon of puupy eyes to use... He somehow learned that he can get anything he want by showing of his glistering brown eyes at his parents...

"No.. Nope.... Puppy eyes won't work this time buddy..... But let's say, I teach you everything  about it.. Huh... And then you can build your own for better uses and to help people even more..  DEAL... "

Tony gave an enthusiastic nodd... 'God my kid is really start ' was all Peter could think of.

"So let's start, from when your grandpa got this from...... Your know he went to a trip to Afghanistan in year...... "
.
.
.
.
.
Time skip

.
.
.
Fourteen years later in stark tower medbay.

"What do you mean there is no other way.... I don't know Dr. Miller.... You are surrounded by billions of dollars of technologies and state of an art equipments..... You can't give up on him... PLEASE..!!!

"We are not giving up Mr. Stark... But the bullet pierced through his chest and shattered when came in contact with the sternum..... He need the arc reactor  there is no other way we can come up with....... "

"SO TRY HARDER.... FIND SOMETHING.. ANYTHING.. WHAT ARE WE PAYING YOU FOR. "

"Peter,, calm down.. Please for Tony , for Ben " Mj tried to reason with his anxious husband

Peter looked towards his other boy.. Scared. Not from his dads outburst, but for the future for his brother..
.. Since birth they have been inseparable.... But the current situation was questioning the same fate.

"Mj, how can I calm down. They want to give our boy this, (pointing towards his own reactor)..
You of everybody else know how difficult it's to deal with this, and all of it brings with itself..... I can't do this to him, to our bambino.. "

"Peter.... We are here for him... Like Anthony was there for you..... We will help.... You know Tony is strong like his dad, like your dad..... Please... "

"Fine... "

Time skip to after the surgery

It had been a 3 hour surgery.... Filled with fear, doubt, prayers and anxiousness....

The family of 4 were now sitting in the recovery room.. Tony was yet to wake up where as Ben fell asleep on the armchair.... His abrupt position scared his parents, but he refused to leave his brother's side

Mj was resting /sleeping with her head on the tonys bed where as Peter hold the hand of his son on the other side...

"I am sorry bambino... I am really sorry... I know I promised you that I would never let this happen to you... And I failed you... Trust me kid, I never wanted this to happen.... Please if you are able to, forgive me..... Because I wasn't able to keep my promise to keep you, my family safe".. As the tear rolled down his eyes... He heard the sound he was waiting for so long..

"Dad..? "
"Hy kid.... How your feeling... Does it hurt, shall I call doctor,... Can you see me, hear me.... Answer me kid"

"Haha... Ouch.. Aah dad calm down I am fine,.. I little peachy but fine... "
Tony looks at the arc reactor in his chest and starts tracing with his fingers... How it felt around his chest, where it hurt or not, giving out small wimpers and ouches

"I am sorry kid, .. I really am... But they said there was no other choice. .. And. And.. "

"Dad... DADD.... I like it.... It's just like you and grandpa...... You know feels like... A superhero..... Feels like a LEGACY carried on..... .."
"You are not mad at me"

"What would I be mad at you..you saved me"
"But...this thing...didn't want this to happen... I am a horrible father"

".no you are not..you are the best father I can ask for...and any how I asked for it for my first birthday.....i guess this was fourteen years due..."

"How do you know?"

"I have my ways dad  and .....
Thanks ...for this and For everything.... I love you... "

"Ohh bambino... I love you more"