Just a friend.' 08

It had been days and Jaden still hadn't woken up, every time I'd visit his mom would urge me away. I could tell she didn't like me, deep down she knew there was something going on but her love for mads wouldn't let her believe it. Jaden's condition according to the doctors was not normal, they said he should of woken up ages ago but something was wrong.

The doctors were afraid that the crash did a toll on his brain, putting it under stress. This was something they feared might happen but wouldn't expect it to when repairing his injuries.

Even all beaten up and bruised and asleep Jaden was still on my mind. This wasn't supposed to happen, I wasn't meant to fall in love with Jaden but I can't help it, I did fall for him. I fell for him with my eyes open and arms open wide, I let him wiggle his way into my heart. I knew it was wrong, i knew it could hurt people but Jaden was my drug once I got a taste I couldn't give him up.

I looked at him with tears in my eyes, he looked so peaceful. I grabbed his hand smiling at the comfort his touch gave me, all I wanted was for him to be okay.

If he left me now...I'd never get to tell him. Tell him that I loved him.

I pulled up a chair beside his hospital bed and sat down, still holding his hand I laid my head down. I looked at him once more before letting myself drift off.

*

"Hello?" I felt someone push my shoulder and I slowly opened my eyes.

"I'm sorry to wake you" he said. Jaden sat up in his bed looking at me confused, he was awake.

"Your awake!" I smiled and hugged him. I felt him slowly hug me awkwardly.

"Jaden?" I pulled back confused.

"I'm sorry but I don't know who that is? Or who you are?" The smile dropped off my face.

"Nessa?" I turn around and their Jaden's mom was standing in the doorway.

"So that's your name" my eyes go back to Jaden and he has a smile on his face.

"Honey your awake?!?!" His mom runs to his side and I step out of the way, she hugs him and he again hugs her awkwardly.

"I'm sorry but I don't know who you people are?"

They say loosing the person you love, the feeling is beyond awful but the person who said that obviously never had to deal with the boy you love forgetting your existence.

Mads enters the doorway, her face lights up as she sees Jaden and engulfs him in a hug. His eyes connect with mine and I couldn't hide the hurt on my face.

"Babe your okay!" She says kissing his cheek.

"Mads?" His mom calls mads name bringing her to the side and informing her on the situation at hand.

Jaden urges me to come closer as His mom fills her in. I slowly start to make my way closer to his bed side and I lean in.

"That's my girlfriend?" He whispers in my ear. I nod my head and confusion covers his face.

"Then who are you?" He whispers again.

"Just a friend." I whisper back.

Just a friend I thought.