sprezzatura

Everyone around her was frozen, Miharu let out the breath she had been holding

Everyone around her was frozen, Miharu let out the breath she had been holding. She looked up, a fire burning inside her. No way she was going to let something like that stop her. Failing was not an option. Miharu stood near a person with a bird-head. The blush-girl exclaimed something bout fairness. Miharu shook her head. Life. Life was not fair.

"Natural Disasters, Highway pile-ups, Rampaging villains. Calamity is always around the corner. I'd say life is full of unfair things. It's a hero's job to correct it."

Miharu tilted her head as she glanced around. Everyone seemed terrified...except the two-tone haired boy and the girl with a ponytail. Recommendation students perhaps? Could explain why they're so lax. They probably have people backing them. Makes sense, on the other hand, she was terrified...

Miharu tuned into the world around her again. 

"That's Plus Ultra. Use your strength to overcome it all. So Bring it. Anything goes."

Ah, sensei had finished his impromptu speech. It's time then, to give it her all. After all, anything goes.

Event 1: 50-metre dash.

Miharu stood at the starting line with the bird-headed person. Miharu stretched and got ready.

"Go."

Muscles taut, Miharu sprinted as the person beside her also jolted into motion, a mere second after her. 

"4.57 seconds" Yes! She had made it! A new record.

"5.56 seconds" 

Miharu nodded to the person beside her and smiled who nodded back. They moved back to make space for the others. Miharu had half a mind to shout at Katsuki for blasting Izuku but bit her lip. Whhhyyyy? ugh.

Second Event: Grip Test

Miharu stood with the device. Staring around, a guy with multiple arms, easy to say his score would be high. She heard a shink and she turned around to the ponytail girl using an iron clamp to boost her score. Miharu walked over, nerves eating at her. 

"Um..." Oh, she was pretty. Why was everyone pretty or cute here? Miharu blinked. "My name is Fujiwara Miharu. Call me Miharu. Could I borrow that? Anything goes, right?"

The girl looked down with a look of realisation, "Ah yes! I'm Yaoyorozu Momo! Here!"

Miharu smiled as Yaoyorozu-san gave her the clamp. Pressing down as hard as she could, Miharu closed her eyes till she heard a beep.

71 Kg. Miharu sighed gratefully. She turned towards the girl and bowed. "Thank you Yayorozu-san!"

"Ah! No need! I would have put it in the corner and you would have found it, albeit a little later. Please, do call me Yaomomo. My friends call me that."

Miharu smiled, "Alright then, Yaomomo!"  A New Friend Acquired! 

Third Event: Long-Standing Jump