volent

As the bell rang and Miharu walked back to her seat, she couldn't help the feeling that

As the bell rang and Miharu walked back to her seat, she couldn't help the feeling that...she had failed.

Her hero name was cool and everything but- Miharu sighed. She shook the chair before sitting down. Either this was a prank or it was malicious. Anyways, she liked the name she chose. It fit. There was no other word for it. The name sunk onto her like a crown and it was perfect. There were a lot of feelings attached. Mostly, apprehension, fear and determination. But she was ready to carry the burdens and responsibilities that came with it. She was going to be a hero.

Still.

UGHH

Miharu dropped her head on her table as she used one hand to flip through the standard offers. They were 5 pages, one-sided with a wide margin. Was this done to make students feel better? Really, now. It was a waste of paper!

Miharu listened with half a heart as everyone in the class was discussing where they wanted to go. She had snorted at everyone when they noticed Izu-kun's muttering.

Kirishima-kun wanted to go somewhere in the big city, which would help him given his quirk and style. Tsuyu wanted to go somewhere where she could deal with floods, which also was in line with her style.

Miharu went through the list, but no one fit her style. She wanted to get better in terms of skill. Her stamina was already good and she had no quirk she needed to improve. She did need a few support items but she'll talk with Hatsume later. She was cool.

FOCUS, Miharu chastised herself.

Miharu went over herself again. What was she lacking that she hadn't noticed yet and what agency would help her? She only had till the weekend to help her. She got up and started packing her things as she stared down the paper. Her technique level was decent, right? It was better than everyone else in her class but she was not competing with them. She was competing with herself. She wanted to get better. Go from third to first. Go from loser to winner. From bad to better.

Miharu snorted as Shoto showed her his list. Endeavour sent him an internship. She needs to diss him whenever she says his name. What's a good diss name? Endea-whore? Endea-hoe? Hm. Need to consult Shoto on this.

"I think he thinks that you think you're okay with him because you've accepted your fire-side."

"I haven't" Shoto looked at his hand and Miharu sighed fondly as she stared at him. He looked contemplative, "Not yet. There's something I need to do first."

Miharu nodded, "As long as you're not hurting yourself or others...except your Endeawhore, I feel like he's free game."

Miharu smiled as she saw Shoto's eye become lighter like he was laughing. Miharu picked up her bag and paper as she waved goodbye.

She walked past Uraraka who was talking to Izu-kun about their choices. Miharu snorted as Fumi-kun provided his usual dark and edgy commentary.

She stopped and pointed at him, "Learning to catch both and succeeding, however, will reap greater rewards!"