meraki

FUUUUCK

FUUUUCK. FUck fUck FUCK. fuuuuck.

Miharu froze as everyone started yelling in joy. What was she supposed to do?! She never expected to last this long! Miharu looked around to see only Tenya and Shoto sitting in their seats. Shouto, however, had looked at Izuku who also had cheered and raised his arms while sitting. That was so adorable! She ships it!

Miharu watched as Aizawa-sensei leans onto the podium, "But first...concerning the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the other day.."

Everyone quietened to hear Aizawa-sensei.

"It's based on who the pros think will be ready to join the hero workforce after another two or three years of experience. So you could say that it's a way of them showing an interest in your futures." Aizawa stood upright, "However, it is not an accurate way of judging that. Often personal bias and discrimination come into play."

Miharu glanced down at her table staring at the clean wood. She expected it to be dirty with slurs. After all, her quirk status was revealed at the sports festival. Maybe they're planning something? Maybe-

"Even then, there's ample time for their interest to wane before you graduate. And any and all offers can be arbitrarily revoked. It happens quite often."

"Stupid adults and their stupid whims." came the whiny voice of Mineta.

Miharu leaned back in her seat to try and catch Yaomomo's eye but as soon as she did. Her seat fell apart and Miharu fell with a loud 'CRASH' 

SHIT! HER LIFE'S FLASHING IN HER EYES!

Eyes turned around to look at her.

Cheeks red, Miharu stood up, scrambling to save her dignity or what was left of it at least. "Uh..." Miharu turned to Aizawa-sensei before looking down, "I- I just leaned back a bit."

Snickers sounded out throughout the room and Miharu curled in on herself. "That is- um. I- uh...I didn't- um."

Miharu continued stuttering until Aizawa-sensei's voice filtered through the laughs and snickers. "Fujiwara."

Miharu shut her mouth, biting her lip to keep it from opening.

"You can stand up front to the side until the bots bring the extra chair, which won't be likely until next period."

Miharu nodded and walked towards the front. She stood near Tooru's table, leaning her hip on it slightly as she fidgeted.

There was an awkward silence before Tooru piped up and Miharu shot her a grateful look as she asked her question. "So, if we're picked now, that just means there'll be higher hurdles to overcome in the future."

Miharu nodded absentmindedly as she agreed.

"Yes. Now, here are the complete draft pick numbers. If you have any questions, you can come to me or any of the teachers that you feel comfortable with."