viridity

On Wednesday, Miharu woke up bubbling

On Wednesday, Miharu woke up bubbling. Smile always present and body bouncing. Checking her phone for texts from the class server or anyone in general, she got onto the train for her commute. Izuku and her always walked home together since they couldn't go to school together but lately, they'd just been meeting up at the café since they had made different friends. Not that Miharu was upset, she was glad that Izuku was gaining confidence.

At school, Aizawa-sensei said it was time for rescue training. Smile widening, Miharu grabbed her suitcase for her uniform. The rescue was an essential part of being a hero. It's a hero's duty to save people and make sure they're okay.

Giggling at Tenya's frenzied ushering, she patted him on the arm as she passed him. Sitting next to Izuku, she laughed as Tenya sulked in front of her. Drooping in his seat as he did.

Chatter bubbled up around her and Miharu relished in the familiarity being borne. This class was just something else. She smiled softly at the sight.

"Kero. Miharu-chan."

Miharu back in the conversation, they were talking about quirks, right?

"Yeah Tsuyu?"

"I don't think we've ever seen your quirk in action."

Oh. They didn't know. Silence settled over the bus, everyone wanted to know. She glanced at Izuku and Katsuki. They were the only ones who knew about it. 

Everyone was staring. 

Shit

This was getting too much.

"Oh? I didn-" Miharu took a breath in, hands shaking on her lap, "I'm sorry. I should have said it outright. I'm quirkless..."

Calm...before the storm. Fuck.

"Kero. How did you pass the entrance exams?" Tsuyu. Valid Question, but consider. Her sensory overload.

"Isn't it unsafe for Quirkless people to fight?" Ojiro. Okay, quirkist much?

"WOAH! Quirkless still exist?" Kirishima. That hurt. "THAT'S SO MANLY!" Huh, wait. What?

Miharu opened her eyes and turned her head towards Kirishima, vaguely registering Izuku's hand on her shoulder and Tenya's on her knee. Everything was blurry.

"Yeah! You took down those robots with no Quirk! That's way cool! Plus you were the MVP of battle training! Hella Manly!"

Miharu shakily smiled, "Thanks Kirishima-kun."

The conversation then turned to flashy presentations and personalities. Miharu laughed as Izuku panicked at Katsuki being teased.

"We're here." Ah, Sensei. "Look sharp."

Standing in front of the building, Miharu twirled her bo-staff in her hands as Izuku and Uraraka fangirled? boyed? What's gender-neutral of being huge fans? Miharu's thoughts roamed from one thing to the next as she focused on Thirteen's speech. She was a rescue specialist ranging from floods to fires, landslides to sinkholes. As Thirteen made her points, Miharu kept her ear open as her eyes wandered.