eccedentesiast

Miharu smiled

Miharu smiled.

That's what she is always known for. Before Miharu had run away, she was the poster-perfect princess. A regular 'Little Miss Perfect'. Throughout her life, she had been expected to smile. To show nothing. To feel nothing. And she listened. She obeyed. I mean, A younger Miharu had thought hysterically, what else was she to do? Run away?!

And like that, an idea was born. For two years she planned and squirrelled away money. She packed her books and sent them away to an online friend who lived in Japan (her dear Lil brother Izuku Midoriya). Her parents never noticed anyway. She saved money. She worked jobs. She did online commissions for art, writing, and assignments. Whatever she could, she did.

When she had enough; when everything was enough, she ran away on her birthday. Happy Birthday her! She came to Japan, home to U.A., and started hustling, working for her dream. Even though she was free from her parents physically, she never stopped smiling. It didn't matter to her. Whatever happened, Miharu smiled.

As she scrolled through the class group chat on the train, she didn't expect anyone to talk to her. (Flexing her hands wrapped with bandages, she shifted her phone, she expected people to talk to her, shout at her and tell her she was a mistake). Then again, some expectations are not meant to be met.

"Hey! You're the Quirkless Hero-Kid right?"

Miharu raised her head and there was an elderly couple in front of her, smiling. Surprised, Miharu just nodded. The old lady smiled and the man performed a thumbs up

"Good job kid!" "You're such a star, dearie."

Miharu blinked fast. That meant...so much to her.

And suddenly everyone on the train noticed her as well! What Protagonist Bullshit!! (Slash affectionate, Miharu thought.)

"Nice work kid!"

"Don't listen to the haters! You were amazing!"

"You got farther than anyone expected! Keep it up!"

"Hey! Can I get an autograph?"

Miharu blushed, smiling as she signed a piece of paper. Miharu's smile went soft as she gazed at happy and kind faces. She scratched the bandage on her right cheek.

Maybe it wasn't all that bad, being quirkless. She could pretend it was okay for a while.

---

DM:

Mi-Mi-Miow: Hey, I saw the news. I wanna say I'm sorry for your loss but I'm guessing that's the only thing you've been hearing recently.
Mi-Mi-Miow: So, all I'm going to say is that I understand how it is to lose someone.
Mi-Mi-Miow: and if you wanna talk to someone then remember that you have friends on your side who are willing to do anything for you! I know I am. Ask Izuku or Uraraka-san if you don't believe me.