Chapter 1 - A nice WARM welcome

Chapter 1 – A nice WARM welcome

Our story starts dark. Pitch black, you can't see a thing. Until a small light gets lit. It looks tiny like it's the flaming tip of a match. You see it burn out. You see it get lit again and put in a lantern. The lantern lights up a bit more space, and the person holding it is Cassandra.

Cassandra perks her head up as she hears someone banging loudly on the door to the cabin, she's in.

Cassandra turns around to look at the door when a hand breaks through the door. The Hand comes back out and soon you see an eye peek through the hole in the door. Cassandra looking a bit scared goes to reach for her sword and it's gone.

The man breaks down the door. We get a good look at him. From dark hair, being about twice the size as Cassandra and he looked like he was ready to break something. "I've got you cornered." The man said, he had a deep and mysterious voice that just by hearing it would make you tremble. "Or is that what I wanted you to think?" Cassandra said in reply, as she punches the guy in the eye, then throws the lanterns at the wall. The glass shattered on the wooden wall, but the flame remained.

Cassandra grabbed one of the books on the desk as the fire from the lantern started to spread. She threw the book through the window shattering the glass and jumped out the window following it. Once she was out she grabbed a metal sphere out of her pocket. She threw it into the window she jumped out of and as she started running to her horse that was in the stables. The fire was slowly spreading. Cassandra got on her horse as she had the horse going full speed away from the cabin. You see this green smoke come out, and BOOM!!!!

As Cassandra ran away from the cabin, an explosion followed her close behind.

I present to you – A Cassarian love story A CONNECTION

Cassandra is riding her horse and she stops by this green tent. And a burnt-out fireplace was right next to it. Once she got up there she got off the horse.

She grabbed the lead attached to the harness of the horse. She grabbed it and wrapped it around a tree so the horse couldn't run away.

She bent down near the fireplace, with a stone in her hand. She grabbed the dagger that was attached to her belt and scrapped it on the rock creating fire. She sat there for a little bit when she heard a noise from the bushes. She put her hand on her dagger.

Then out from the bushes, Owl showed up. (Owl is her pet, owl.) Owl was holding a letter in her beak. She came and landed by Cass. "Is it another letter from Rapunzel?" Cass asked. Owl dropped the letter by Cass's foot. She picked it up and started reading it.

- - - - -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Cass, I know I have been sending you a lot of letters recently, but I miss you a lot. I also thought you should be caught up, and I really want to hear some more of your adventures. Well for us in Corona we had the festival of hearts. It was weird you not being there. Even though you never REALLY participated but I missed you. It's weird not having you here. Even after three years I still can't get used to it. Next time I see you I just want to give you a big hug. Everyone misses you so very much. Even Eugene. Don't tell him I said that.... But most of all I miss you. I cant wait to see you again, hopefully, sooner rather than later. - Rapunzel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cass grabbed the letter and held it close to her chest as she took a deep breath. She would write her back in the morning she thought to herself. Then she paused. She picked up a pencil and paper and told herself it doesn't need to belong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Raps, nice to see your handwriting again, I miss you too. Even though I don't want to get into my adventures right now. It's quite late at night when I wrote this. So I hope you can understand. I just thought you should know I got the letter and I miss you too. – Your Friend Cassandra.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassandra put down the pencil and gave the letter to Owl. Cass got up and poured some water on the fire to make it burn out. As she let out a small yawn. She started walking towards her tent. Once she went inside one of her last sights before closing her eyes was Owl flying off into the distance with the letter.

Cass was asleep in a matter of seconds. She had enough excitement for one day. . . Or so she thought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to where the cabin was, boards were everywhere. Only a small flame remained. Everything in the building was burnt down.... Until the boards started moving. The boards on the ground were moved to the side. You hear a cough, and out from under all the boards, came the big guy that Cassandra fought.

"Cassandra.... You will pay for everything you've done."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassandra was still sleeping peacefully in bed. With her eye's still closed, until she heard a thud, outside of her tent. Then Cass's eye's opened swiftly. She went to reach for her dagger then realized it wasn't there. She must've left it by the fire. She looked out through the front of her tent, but nothing was there.

Until the back of her tent was ripped open. She immediately looked backward. But she was too late. The man was holding Cassandra by the collar of her shirt.

"Now it's time for you to pay for all of the things you did to Corona," The man said. Cass took a second to process what the man said. Then she looked up with an evil grin on her face. She punched the guy in the jaw. He quickly dropped her.

While her adrenalin rush had kicked in. She immediately started running, as the big tall man touched the side of his bleeding lip. As he let off a smile and a glare at once.

Cassandra was running, she ran over to her horse, she was uniting the lead. Her fingers kept shaking as she was panicked. Close behind her was the man. "Come on, Come on, Come on." She said while trying to untie the knot. She had got it JUST in time. As she quickly jumped on the horse and told it to go full speed ahead. As soon as the feet of the horse started moving, Cass was pulled back by her collar. The horse took off running in fear. While Cassandra was being held by her shirt off the ground. By the man.

"You're not going anywhere. Cassandra."