Chapter 5 - Don't poke the bear

Varian and Cassandra were dragged out of the cage by two of the guys. One of them grabbed Cassandra by the wrist and she grunted in pain. "DON'T HURT HER!!!!" Varian snapped. One of the guys looked at Varian with an evil grin on his face, while Varian's fist was clenched as he was breathing heavily. Varian was giving the man a death stare as Cassandra was trying to get out of the man's grip.

The man started dragging Cassandra out of the cage. Causing Varian to follow after, because of the handcuffs. Varian looked around and they were on some kind of boat. Varian was looking around the boat. He saw these sails, the sails had the symbol for Corona, he also saw these cannons, but he could not tell what they were filled with. He also saw a plank, along with a door that led to who knows what. Varian's thoughts were interrupted when he heard. "LET HER WALK THE PLANK!!!!" The leader said.

Varian followed his instinct and he grabbed Cassandra's arm and pulled her behind him. He put his arms out showing he wasn't letting anything by him. Cassandra looked at him, she had never seen him like this. He was different, he wasn't a kid anymore. He.... She didn't know what he was anymore, but he wasn't the teenager he was when she saw him last.

One of the guys stood up to Varian, he was about two maybe three feet taller than Varian, but Varian held his ground. The man gave a little laugh as he kicked Varian's wounded side, it made Varian grab his side with his hand as he fell to the ground. It caused Cassandra to stumble as her arm was being pulled to the ground.

"Oh, right that." The leader came up with a glowing purple stone and held it over the handcuffs. This was also when Cassandra and Varian noticed there was no lock on the handcuffs, but they started glowing the same purple as the rock, and they fell right off.

"You're letting us go?" Cassandra asked.

"That's one way to put it." The man walked Cassandra to the middle of the boat. Varian looked at everyone as he was on the ground, his eyes were squinted in pain, but they were opened enough to see the men each had a rope behind their backs, and Cassandra was standing right in the middle of it all.

"No!!!" Varian yelled with his voice cracking as he held his side. While feeling a little light headed. Cassandra looked at him a bit confused. "GET OUT OF THERE CASS!!!" He yelled while trying to crawl to Cassandra. When she caught on and started to get into battle position, but she wasn't fast enough one of them already had her arm's tied behind her back.

Cassandra was struggling to escape. Varian looked up with eyes full of fear. As they tied her legs up. As well. She was at the point when all she could do was stand up.... Varian couldn't watch this. But there was nothing he could do. He could barely move.

One of the guys dragged Cassandra to the plank. Varian couldn't stand for this. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!" All the guys looked at Varian as he slowly tried standing up, with blood running down from his side to his ankle. "What does this do for you?!! KILLING HER WON'T SOLVE ANYTHING!!!!"

"Well, she is the problem!! So, it should help everyone!" One of the random guys said.

"WHY IS SHE THE PROBLEM!!!! WHAT IS SHE DOING RIGHT NOW!!!! LOOK AT HER!!! SHE'S DEFENSELESS!!!! ALL SHE HAS IS ME!!!! AND THAT'S NOT ENOUGH TO SAVE HER!!!! SO, WHAT!!! WHAT DO YOU GAIN FROM THIS?!?! VICTORY?! REVENGE?! BUT WHAT IS SHE DOING!!!"

"She destroyed Corona! Why would you forgive this monster!?!!" The leader said walking to the middle of the boat.

"BECAUSE SHE'S NOT A MONSTER!!!! SHE'S A PERSON!!!! SHE MADE A MISTAKE!!! WHO DOESN'T!!!!! BUT AFTER EVERYTHING FORGIVENESS IS THE HERO!!!! WHILE REVENGE IS THE REAL MONSTER!!!"