Chapter 15 - A romantic exhausting day

After a bunch of other activities that Rapunzel planned to get her and Cassandra close again, including a three-legged race, bean bag toss, sword fighting, scrapbooking, painting, but each and everyone ended the same way. Let me show you what I mean.

During the three-legged race, Rapunzel was hoping to enjoy it. While Varian and Cassandra had to team up because of obvious reasons. Rapunzel ended up being stuck with Shortie.

Rapunzel was very competitive about it and decided it would be fun to do a bit of trash talk to Cassandra like she had taught her. "Hey Cass, I thought you should know that I-"

Rapunzel stopped as she saw Cassandra and Varian completely blocking her out while being so focused on one another. Varian was trying to grab the bandana that was tying their feet together. "Ok, you just put your foot there, and-" Varian said while trying to help Cassandra.

"Like this?" Cassandra asked.

"No, you gotta-"

"Woah," Cassandra cut off Varian as she lost her balance and Varian caught her. Both of them started to laugh.

"I don't think you did it right," Varian said while laughing.

The race wasn't much better. Rapunzel was hoping that would be very competitive but Varian and Cassandra seemed to just be having fun with each other every time she looked back. Cassandra was losing and she didn't even care. Something was different about Cass. The way she looked at Varian. It was like Rapunzel didn't even exist.

Rapunzel won the race in the end and she was handed her trophy. During the ceremony, Varian and Cass were sitting next to each other watching. Cassandra was starting to get bored when Varian nudged her in a playful way. Cassandra nudged him back before she let out a small giggle.

Rapunzel liked that Cass was happy... But something felt off. "Maybe Cassandra just doesn't like leg races," Rapunzel said to herself.

"I know I don't," Shortie said, when Rapunzel looked down, she was still tied to shortie. She dropped the trophy on him as she untied the bandana.

"Keep it! I have better ideas." Rapunzel said, but each one ended the same.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

When bean bag toss started Eugene was waking up. Rapunzel forced him to join, and it turned into Rapunzel trying to get Cassandra's attention but couldn't because Cassandra was so focused on trying to get Varian to join.

When Varian finally did, he and Cassandra started smoking everyone else. They were so far in the lead, every now and then they would send sweet compliments and stuff like that to one another.

Cassandra was also trying to throw the bean bag when Varian whispered in her ear. "Use the alchemy ball technique."

Saying that just made Cassandra smile, after that they won again.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

During sword fighting Rapunzel came up to where Cass was to ask for help with her battle stance but stopped as she saw Varian and Cassandra were fooling around with one another.

"On guard!" Cassandra said as her and Varian were playing around. Cassandra ended up knocking Varian onto the ground and held the sword at his chest. "I win."

At first, Varian seemed a little scared, but then he heard her say I win and immediately smile as he let out a laugh. "You always do!"

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

During scrapbooking, Rapunzel was excited to be in her element but when she looked over Varian had paper all in his hair and Cassandra was trying to get it out.