Chapter 7 - There is always more to learn

Varian and Cass both looked at each other. Cass gave him a worried look, Varian nodded at her also looking a bit worried. Both of them smiled at each other and knew the other was thinking exactly what they were thinking.

Varian stepped up towards the bars and said, "Well, let's go."

"WHAT!!!" Cass shouted looking confused. "That's not what I was thinking!!!"

"Come on Cassie, it'll be fun." He said as the other guy unlocked the door. Cassandra looked at Varian's smile and just couldn't say no.

"F-Fine!!!" Cass said walking up to Varian. Cassandra and Varian both looked at the handcuffs the other guy was holding. Varian looked at Cassandra. Varian gave her a smile. "Fine, just put them on." The guy grabbed Varian's hand and Cassandra's hand and handcuffed them together.

Varian and Cassandra were walking through this long hallway with the one guard showing them the way. Cassandra looked at Varian as he was looking everywhere, he was completely lost in thought. Cassandra didn't want to stop whatever it is he needs to go through, but she hated seeing him like this. She couldn't imagine what he was thinking.

Cassandra and Varian were already standing close together because of the chain, but she came closer and cuddled up and his arm as they were walking, and with her hand that was handcuffed to him, he slowly wrapped it around his. Their hands met and his hands were so soft, she had never really felt them before, they were always gloved, but something about it just felt right.

Varian was taken away from his thoughts as he looked at Cassandra. How to tell her what had happened. It was a lot to think about. He had two things on his mind, but she could stop everything when he looked at her smiling. Her eyes made his heart melt. He slowly wrapped his hand around hers as he smiled down at her. Also feeling her arms wrapped around his was different, he had never felt this before, she had only ever grabbed at him, she had never just held him before, something about it just felt right.

Both Varian and Cassandra were brought to this big door, the door opened into this cafeteria. They went inside, and inside were a bunch of prisoners everywhere. All wearing baggy orange clothes. Varian looked around with a giant smile on his face. Cass looked at him and she was surprised to see him happy about this. He saw a small area with an old lady at this counter. Varian saw her and he ran over there dragging Cassandra with him by the handcuffs. "Oh my gosh!!! MATILDA!!!! Do you have food!?!" He asked the girl at the counter. She stepped up and she didn't look happy at all.

"Not yet, you can say if you want food or not you can say and it will be delivered to your cell, and you can't complain about what you get, or else you will be the one served for dinner." The lady at the counter said. Cassandra was entirely creeped out by this. She became a little freaked out as she stepped closer to Varian.

"Oh, Matilda, this is my friend Cassandra!" Varian said as he gestured to Cass.

"I still don't care about Cassandra no matter how many times you tell me about her," Matilda said.

Varian laughed, "Oh, even after 4 years that never gets old." Varian said as he looked at Cassandra,

"Varian?" Cass said looking worried. Varian saw she was nervous. "This is great and all, but I'm a little worried we could get hurt out here, and you are in no condition to fight or really do much, so maybe we could head back?" She said looking at him with wide eyes.

"Of course, Cass, but first- Matilda may we get a meal for our cell?" Varian asked while looking towards the grumpy women. She nodded and Varian smiled.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Nothing special happened on their way back to the prison cell, so leave a comment here on the side saying how you like it so far!!! Please, I love hearing your thoughts. Feel free to comment on anything that happened BEFORE this moment.