Chapter 17 - A chained battle

Sorry about the cliffhanger from last time. I promise this one won't be any better. Enjoy! (Also please leave comments on the side as you read. I LOVE to read through those) 1,689 words.... wow. 

Also, I'm SO sorry, I had a location problem which resulted in a mental breakdown for this chapter. In my head was not a great place. BUT I DID IT!!!! I got a bit of help. But it's done and I am sorry for the confusion. ENJOY! 

💙💜

Varian was holding the Cassandrium in his hand and he held it close to his chest. That's when he looked in the chemical compound and saw Cassandra in the reflection of the bottle.

"VARIAN!!!! HURRY UP!!!" Cassandra yelled as she was out of alchemy balls and the men slowly started to corner them. "VARIAN COME ON!!!!"

That distress call triggered Varian and he resisted, but when he looked over Cass was holding her dagger, looking ready to fight but deep down she was terrified. He was holding the incomplete chemical.

"VARIAN!!!!!" Cassandra yelled once more like one of the men started to raise their swords. That Varian triggered Varian's protection mode again. Varian grabbed Cassandra's waist and pulled her behind him. As he took her dagger and pointed it at the guy with the sword.

The man with the sword was looking at Varian not frightened.... But Varian wasn't either. Cassandra was still scared... but this side of Varian... it didn't seem like him. It was someone else... Or was it?

The man looked at Varian and saw a tear on his shirt's side, and through it, he saw Varian's bandage. The man held up his leg to kick Varian in the side. Varian's quick protective instincts looked at the bottle and he took a deep breath and knew what to do.

Varian threw down the unfinished chemical that would've broken the handcuffs. It hit the floor and shattered. This chemical just let off a giant green fog cloud. The entire room filled with it. Varian grabbed Cassandra's hand and started running towards the ladder.

Cassandra was completely lost, but she just followed him seeing the serious look in his eyes. On their way up the ladder, Varian whistled to Ruddiger.

Ruddiger grabbed a few alchemy things and then climbed up the ladder after them. Varian started climbing with Cass right behind them.

Both of them busted into the throne room, just to notice no one was there. Cassandra moved her hand causing Varian's to fall off of it. "What was that?!! Why in the world would you break that!!!" Cassandra yelled at him.

Then through the door came the men they had left behind. Varian tossed Cass the dagger and she grabbed it and both of them went into battle like there was nothing left to lose.

Varian was using his alchemy to freeze some of the men, while Cass was using her dagger for fighting. "VARIAN WHY WOULD YOU JUST GIVE IT UP!!!!" Cassandra yelled angrily.

"YOU SURE YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS NOW!!!!" Varian yelled over all the men. Looking at all the men, he went into his pocket and there was a small bottle with some green chemical. He tossed it over to Ruddiger.

Ruddiger drank it and turned into the beast Ruddiger and started taking them out easily. "YEAH, I DO!!!!" Cass shouted back as one of them dropped a bow and arrow that she picked up.

"ALL RIGHT!!!! YOU WANT THE TRUTH!!!! I HAVENT BEEN COMPLETELY HONEST WITH YOU!!!!!" Varian shouted while still attacking them with his alchemy. "I TOLD YOU I HAD ONE MORE INGREDIENT TO ADD TO THE CHEMICAL RIGHT?!" Varian said shouting as he went next to Cass and protected her from an attack with an alchemy thing.

"Yeah?" Cass said in response as she shot an arrow, they caught on one of the guy's shirts and attached them to the wall.

"WELL, THAT LAST INGREDIENT WAS THE CASSANDRIUM!!!! AND I ONLY HAD YOUR NECKLESS TO USE!!!!" Varian shouted; Cass was shocked.