Chapter 3 - A long lost friend

Cassandra was being held by her neck off the ground, the man's hand wrapped all the way around her throat. "WHAT DO YOU WANT!!!!!" Cassandra said while panting and trying to loosen his hand by moving around and trying to push his arm with her feet.

"I want to get revenge because of everything you did."

"I don't even know you!!!"

"That's not important. I speak for many people who still haven't forgiven you for everything you did with the moonstone."

"What..... No.... NO!!!! I AM FORGIVEN!!!!"

"BY RAPUNZEL MAYBE!!!! BUT EVERYONE ELSE ONLY PUTS UP AND ACT."

"YOU LIAR!!!! AGGGH!!!!" Cassandra kicked him in the face. His instant response was to throw her to the ground. She hit her head on a rock and the lights started going dark they couldn't see anything.....

Slowly she gained her strength again, she opened her eyes slowly, but everything was blurry, and she could hear a very quiet voice saying her name.

"Cassandra?" It said once.

"Cassandra!" It said again as she felt two warm soft hands touch her shoulder.

"CASSIE!!!! PLEASE!!!! BE OK!!! BE OK!!!!" Cassandra's vision came back, she looked in front of her, relieved to see a familiar face.

"V-Varian?" She said stumbled on her words while sounding hurt. Varian gave her a huge smile that was filled with joy and relief. He went to go hug her then he stopped and leaned back. "Don't worry, it's ok, you can hug me."

"Thanks, but that's not why I didn't do it." Varian pointed to her side. It was sliced by what looked like a sword.

"WHEN DID-"

"Look, I got you out of there as fast as I could, but that guy clearly doesn't like you."

"Wait, you got me out of there?" Cass asked, as her eyes widened.

"Well, I couldn't have just left you there. He probably would've killed you." Cassandra looked down at the ground while thinking.

"What I'm trying to say is.... Thank you." Cassandra gave him a big smile. Varian blushed as his face turned really red. Cass looked at him and thought something was wrong. She put her hand on his forehead checking his temperature.

"You good kid?" Cassandra asked a bit worried.

"What. Oh yeah... I just umm..." He looked at her eyes and started stumbling over his words. "boy it's hot out here, right.... ANYWAY, are you ok?" Varian asked while he looked her in the eyes.

"I'm ok." She said while looking at him. She looked at him from his head to his toes. While looking at him, she felt weird. It was like Rapunzel used to describe how she felt while looking at Eugene.

"When I look at him, I feel he is the only thing in the world. When our eyes meet, my heart flutters. That's how I know he's the one"

That's what Rapunzel would always say to Cass, but that's not what happens. She thought to herself. Varian is just a kid.

Cassandra and Varian were both looking at each other for a bit. When they heard someone slicing all of the trees in the forest. They saw one of the trees next to them get chopped down in a matter of seconds. The tree fell and the guy from earlier was standing right there. The only difference was his arm was now a bold bright blue, he had cuts on his face, and he looked really hurt.

"Oh, you're not getting away that easily." The guy said in a threatening way as he crunched his fist while looking at Varian.

"You did THAT!!!!" Cassandra yelled to Varian. Varian picked her up off the ground.

"Yeah, I'll tell you the story, but we got to go!!!!" He took Cass's hand. She began to blush as he started running. She stayed remarkably close behind. The man behind them was chasing them very closely.

Cassandra and Varian we cornered in one spot of the forest. Varian grabbed her in protection mode. Pulling her close to his chest. She looked up at him realizing he was now taller than her. 

"You can't protect her forever." The man said slowly walking closer to Varian with his sword.

"I don't care. AS LONG AS I HAVE BREATH IN MY BODY, I WON'T LET ANYTHING BAD HAPPEN TO HER!!!!" Varian grabbed Cassandra's sword that was on the ground. He ran to the other guy with it in his hand. Varian was trying to cut the guy with the sword, but he kept blocking it. Varian put all his force into one swing towards the other guy. The man grabbed his sword and blocked it. They were both putting all their strength into it. The one guy moved his sword, causing Varian to stumble. During Varian's stumble, the other guy had enough time to slice his side, causing a lot of blood on Varian's side.

"GAH!!!!" Varian Fell to the floor in pain. "I won't let you hurt her.... *cough cough*" Varian coughed as a big of blood came out of his mouth.

"I wouldn't be so worried about her." The man raised his sword to Varian's back. He held it up high. Right above his heart.

"NO!!!!" Cassandra yelled as she ran over and blocked it with Varian's sword.

"Cass No!!! You're in no condition to fight." Varian said as he tried to move on the ground.

"Yeah, well neither are you. You're just a kid, you shouldn't be here."

"I'm not a kid anymore Cass!!! I'M TWENTY YEARS OLD!!!!" Varian slowly stood up with blood dripping down his side. Cass looked at him losing focus. The other guy was going to do an attack. "LOOK OUT!!!!" Varian jumped on Cassandra. They both fell to the floor with Varian on top of her. "S-Sorry," Varian said. The other guy came up to them with his sword. And was going to grab Varian.

"WATCH OUT!!!" Cass grabbed Varian as she pushed him over. And Cass stood up. With her sword in her hand. The man came up to Cassandra.

"You really think you're getting out of this don't you." The man said.

"It's two against one, do the math!!" Varian yelled.

"Oh, is that what you think?" The man said as people in cloaks came from all directions.

"Oh great...." Varian said.