Chapter 21 - A Goodbye (the final chapter)

*The next day*

When Cassandra woke up, she was on the right side of the bed. She rubbed her eyes. She took a deep breath... Knowing it might be a while till she sees corona again. Today was the day she was going off to continue her adventures.

When Cassandra looked over to the left side of the bed Varian was asleep. He was all cuddled up. She thought he looked cute when he sleeps. So, she didn't want to wake him. She slowly took the bed covers off her legs, trying to be as quiet as she could, she slowly started standing up.

Once her feet hit the ground, feeling the castle floors... She was going to miss this place... but the main thing she was going to miss... wasn't a thing... but a person.

Cassandra changed her clothes and when she came back out of the closet putting her shirt over her head. She noticed Varian was not in bed. She figured he woke up and got some breakfast or something.

She looked around to see a bit of her stuff and decided to start packing. Packing up, she had packed all her things... all but one thing.

The Cassandrium neckless... she didn't know what to do with it... She used to always wear it around her neck... But it just felt wrong shoving it in a bag. She held it up to her chest as she took a deep breath. As she released she stopped the strength holding up her hand causing it to drop and the neckless to fall to the other side of the table.

When Cassandra looked over to the neckless it was next to a small box. Cassandra leaned over the table and grabbed the box. When she opened it, she smiled! She knew exactly what to do.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

After a few hours. Varian had woken up, and he helped her pack a little bit. They both mainly were just silent... What was there to say, she was leaving that day. (STOP RHYMING VELVITA!!!!!)

Cassandra was standing by the door... with all her courage, her heart started pounding. Her breath became heavy. Something about leaving felt wrong. She didn't understand. WHAT WAS IT!!!! Was she forgetting something?

Cassandra standing by the door looked behind her to see all of her loving friends there to say to her a goodbye.

She walked up to Rapunzel and Eugene. "I'm gonna miss you, Cass," Rapunzel said with pascal on her shoulder.

"I'll be alright Raps. I'll come back. I won't be gone forever." Cassandra said causing the queen to smile back at her.

"I know... But it doesn't mean I won't miss you." Rapunzel gave Cassandra a hug.

Cassandra's attention moved to Eugene as the hug broke. "I'm gonna miss you Eugene."

"I'll see you around Cass," Eugene said as he gave her a smile.

That's when Cassandra took a step back from her friends when behind her she heard someone clear their throat from behind her.

Cassandra turned around to see Varian standing there. He seemed nervous as he looked at Cassandra. "Uh... Hey." Varian said trying to start a conversation.

Cassandra walked over to him just as uncomfortable.... Both of them didn't know what to say to the other. "H-Hi...." Cassandra said not making eye contact.

"So... you're leaving?" Varian said trying to look at Cassandra who didn't want to but her eyes found his.

"...Yeah..." Cassandra said trying to make this less awkward. "B-But I'll come back!" Cassandra said trying to make him feel better.

"Yeah..." Varian said looking at the floor, then he looked back into her beautiful eyes, "Here I was hoping that maybe you would... I don't know... I guess I didn't want to have to say goodbye..." Varian said letting off a weak smile. "But I get it... You need adventure."