Chapter 14 - A start to an exhausting day

Varian and Cassandra were both asleep soundly. That's when they heard an airhorn in their bedroom. Varian startled by this fell out of the bed, Cassandra's quick reflexes stopped herself before she fell off the bed onto Varian. (I shouldn't have to say this but because of the handcuffs)

Varian bumped his head on the floor, which woke him up. "Ow!!!" Cassandra looked over with a glare to see Rapunzel.

When she saw her friend she took a deep breath and cooled herself down. While Cassandra slowly got out of the bed with her arm as close to the floor. She looked at her friend who was very hyper. Cassandra looked out the window and looked back at Rapunzel. "It's five am. Why are you even awake?!" Cassandra said as she bent down to help Varian up.

"Well, I have a whole day of activities planned for you and me Cass," Rapunzel said very excitedly, it was like she had over twelve cups of coffee.

"Sleep..." Varian mumbled being very tired and rubbing his eyes.

Cassandra took Varian's hand to help him stand up. "Rapunzel, I appreciate this really, I do, but Varian-"

Rapunzel interrupted her friend. "Don't worry he can stay." Cassandra and Varian both looked at each other. Cassandra held up the handcuffs reminding Rapunzel. "Oh, right." Rapunzel was not thinking clearly, probably because she was awake most of the night trying to plan a whole day worth of things to do.

Varian stretched his back as he stood up. "Alright, what are we doing first," Varian asked. Cassandra's eyes widened in shock that Varian was up for going.

"Varian? What about your alchemy?!" Cassandra said trying to find an excuse not to go.

"I can take it with me. Besides, Rapunzel spent a while working on the schedule. The least we can do is do some of it." Varian said putting his hand on Cassandra's shoulder. She gave him a smile.

Cassandra sighed then she looked at Rapunzel, "We're in."

"GREAT!!! Follow me to-" Rapunzel said when Varian cut her off.

"Actually I need to bring a couple of things, can we have a bit of time. What if we meet in the throne room?" Varian asked. Rapunzel thought about it for a second, then she gave him a bright smile and nodded. Rapunzel left Varian's little home.

Varian walked over to his desk with Cassandra staying close because of the handcuffs. Cassandra and Varian stood there grabbing a few things to take with them.

Varian had a giant backpack and filled it with a bunch of alchemy stuff and he attached the scroll to his belt. Varian's backpack was full.

Cassandra gave him a smile. "What's all that for?"

"Well, I finished deciphering the scroll last night and-"

"WHAT!!!! VARIAN THAT'S AMAZING!!!!" Cassandra said cutting him off then giving him a quick hug. "I knew you could do it."

Varian looked at Cassandra's smile, it warmed his heart. "So, what I'm doing is grabbing everything to make the chemical compound with," Varian said as he hid his frown from Cassandra.

"WAIT!!! WE'RE GOING TO BE FREE!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!" Cassandra gave Varian a giant hug and while she hugged him with nothing but passion and love she whispered to him. "Thank you."

"Yeah, well it's no big deal," Varian said blushing as he tried to hold back his adorable smile. Cassandra broke the hug, as she looked at him again.

Slowly her smile became even bigger. She gave him one last but short-lived hug. She stepped away, with a smile on her face. She brushed her hair behind her ear. "We should probably get going," Cassandra said with a small smile.