Chapter 19 - A final fight

THANK GOODNESS I HAVE VERY DESCRIPTIVE WORDS!!!!! I STILL HAVE MORE CHAPTERS!!!!! Sorry... I was expecting the chapter after this to be the last one... but I went kinda crazy in this one. So enjoy! (2116 words if you are curious) 

💙💜

Cassandra and Varian both looked at each other with a smirk on their faces. When the guys got close enough, they started preparing their arrows. Cassandra stepped in front of Varian and shot three arrows and the guys who were running their way all stopped as the arrows grazed all three of their sides.

"Varian you alr-" Cassandra turned around to see Varian was no longer there and when she looked over she saw him running on higher ground and throwing alchemy balls at the men making them freeze in place. "HEY!!!!" Cass shouted to Varian in a playful way hoping her arrows would be enough.

"WHOO HOO!!!! IT'S SO GREAT TO NOT BE STUCK WITH YOU AGAIN!!!!!!" Varian shouted happily just enjoying the moment. That's when he looked back to see the guys starting to corner Cassandra.

Cassandra was slowly backing up. But then she pulled out her sword. "You boys want to dance?" She said with an evil grin on her face. "AAR-" Cassandra went to start swinging her sword when she was grabbed by some kind of hand that took her. When she looked up she had been taken by Varian who had some kind of rope wrapped around beast Ruddiger so Varian could hang upside down and hold onto Cass.

Cassandra looked up at him irritated as she wanted to hurt the other guys, but her anger died out when she saw Varian's bucktooth smile. "Hey, Cassie!" Varian said holding onto her still upside down while Ruddiger was running around taking out some of the men. Cassandra gave Varian a smile and he helped her up.

Cassandra and Varian both got on Ruddiger and Cassandra was holding onto Varian until Ruddiger started slowing down. Cassandra grabbed her bow and held it up. Varian needed something to use but he didn't want to use all of his alchemy this early.

"I don't know what to use," Varian said digging through his backpack.

"Take this!" Cassandra slammed her bow and Varian's chest causing him to wobble a bit when she pulled out her sword and jumped off Ruddiger.

With a perfect landing she looked at all the men... "Oh, I'm going to enjoy this." Cassandra held up her sword and started fighting with all her strength.

Varian was still on Ruddiger's back. Varian had the bow attached to a sash that went around his back. He pulled out a small leather rope that had metal and buckles on it everywhere. Varian looked at Ruddiger and said, "You ready for test twenty-seven!" Varian used the rope that was still wrapped around Ruddiger and used it to stay stable as he walked over to Ruddiger's neck. Varian put a small circular metal ball attached it to his fur. He pressed a small button on it and it became a beast Ruddiger sized collar. Varian attached the leather rope where the leash would normally go.

He attached the remaining pieces on his boots his alchemy belt and his sash that was on his back. Varian was now completely stable and let Ruddiger run around as much as he wanted. Varian grabbed the bow and arrow and held it in his hands. Still shaking a bit from all this "excitement" he closed his eyes....

He pictured Cassandra's smile, her laugh that she made when he said a bad joke, how red her face would turn if he looked at her. He slowly opened his eyes, stronger than ever, he held up the bow. He could still feel Cassandra's hands on his, and in his ear, he could hear her still say "Remember to pull back with your elbow pointed, and three.... Two... one... fire!" Varian shot four arrows and each one got caught on a guy's shirt pulling each of them back to the floor.

Varian looked over to see Cassandra fighting with all her strength. He gave her a smile, and mumbled to himself, "That's my Cassie."

Varian looked over to see Eugene fighting with Rapunzel, both looking out for each other and enjoying the other company.