Chapter 13 - Getting used to Corona

I will warn you in advance, this chapter is a little long, like double the length of a regular one. So get your popcorn, find a nice comfortable space. Get into fangirl mode, and please put comments on the side as you read. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Varian didn't know what to feel, panicked frustrated, and he completely lashed out as he threw all the stuff off his desk causing alchemy bottles to shatter on the floor, as Varian put his fingers through his hair as he slammed his goggles on the table.

"Varian, don't you know a bunch of different languages?" Cassandra said trying to calm him down.

Varian put one of his hands slammed on the desk, causing Cassandra to stumble because it was the hand he was handcuffed to her on. He grabbed his other hand and pulled his hair. "Thirty-six actually, but I don't!!!! GAH!!!" Varian yelled again in anger.

Cassandra put her hand on top of Varian's hand that was on the desk. "Look at me," Cassandra said while putting her head by his shoulders, and he refused to make eye contact. "LOOK AT ME!!!!" Cassandra said grabbing his chin and making him look at her.

"What are you so upset about?" Cassandra said in a sweet and comforting voice. "You are the Varian. You've done so much, like making warm running water, making some of the best alchemy things out there, and being the BEST dance fighter, I know.... Also the only dance fighter I know." Cassandra said as she started to smile and moved Varian to the middle of the room while holding his hand. "Look around you! Everything in here was all you. What's the problem with deciphering one more scroll, and it shouldn't be as hard as the other one? My point is.... You are an incredible adult Varian... you have become a handso- handy!!! Strong fighter.....You.... My point is, after everything you've been through. Are you going to let this scroll get the better of you?" Cassandra said as she took Varian's hands and held them in front of her.

She started leaning in for a kiss, Varian happily smiled as he blushed, and he started to lean in.

That's Rapunzel jumped down the trap door. "Hey, guys!!" Rapunzel shouted over to them happily.

When Cassandra lost her cool again and turned around and yelled. "RAPS!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! DON'T JUST COME IN HERE UN INVITED!!!!" Cassandra yelled at Rapunzel.

Varian immediately pulled Cassandra to stand next to him. "Don't worry about it, Rapunzel. See Cassandra, while you weren't in Corona, I gave Rapunzel a house key and told her that she was always welcome, and don't worry Rapunzel, it still applies." Varian said as he smiled at Rapunzel and Cassandra was trying to calm down, but it was too late, the words were already said.

Two times in one day, Rapunzel started worrying that Cassandra was not the girl she remembers, but Rapunzel knew she would find a way to make it up to her.

There was a small moment of awkward silence when Varian spoke up. "Well, me and Cassandra have a few things we should do," Varian said while grabbing the scroll out of Cassandra's hand.

Rapunzel saw the scroll and inquisitively asked "What's that?" She said as she walked down the stairs to Cassandra and Varian.

Varian let off an excited smile as Rapunzel was curious. "Oh, well on it is this recipe for a chemical that should be able to break through the chains," Varian said while smiling because he found someone who was interested.

Cassandra was standing to the other side of Varian, she couldn't even watch this, she knew deep down Rapunzel meant no harm, but that doesn't mean Cassandra isn't going through some jealousy.

Rapunzel spoke her mind, "That's great!"

That's when Varian interrupted and told her the bad news. "The only bad part is its in a language I don't understand."