thirty nine

I raised my camera, managing to snap one picture of him before he'd noticed, then another as I caught his attention and he brought his hand up to cover my lens.

"Just one more," I laughed, moving his hand so the lens wasn't blocked, and I wasn't sure what picture I had managed to get as I clicked down the button, though I was sure it was blurry. 

Harry then reached for the old film camera he'd bought me, angling the camera in front of him, squinting his eyes a bit before pointing it at me, waiting for me to pose. I frowned as he waited, then once I'd given in and smiled, he snapped a photo.

"Pretty." He complimented, handing me the camera back.

I shifted from where we sat in my bed to place the camera back onto the nightstand, catching a quick glimpse of the time on my phone, before turning back to him.

I rolled onto my stomach and stared up at him, my head held up by my hands. He leaned back against the pillows propped up against the wall, his eyes traveling from the ceiling, to the wall in front of us, to the bed, and finally to his hands.

I watched his hands as well, as he closed his fingers together and rested them in his lap. The lap still covered by the duvet, the same one half of my body laid under.

We had both woken up earlier than we would've liked. His phone rang with a call from his mum that had startled us both, and soon we gave up on our attempt to sleep in a little longer.

"I hate to be the one to do it, but perhaps we should get up soon." I suggested, sitting up now.

"Or we can stay here for a few more hours." He opposed, I sighed.

"I'd take that over work, but unfortunately, It'd be rather unprofessional to cancel an appointment to simply lay in bed." Though, it was certainly tempting. "I'm scheduled for noon."

Pouting, Harry watched as I stood from the bed and went in to wash up.

"Noon? Well, then you've got plenty of time before you have to leave." He argued, I laughed, reaching for my toothbrush and paste.

I began brushing, my mind trying to prepare itself for the photoshoot while all I wanted to do was stay in longer. Standing over the sink, I spat out my toothpaste and rinsed off my mouth after brushing before speaking again.

"Believe me, I'd much rather stay with you." Again, I loved what I did, but this was just different. It's like when we first started dating, and we'd skip classes every now and then to spend time together.

"I'll just come along, then, and it'll be like we're working together." Harry responded from inside the room as he sat on the edge of the bed by the bathroom door, facing me as I looked at him through the mirror.

"That'd be a delight." I sighed, reaching for a brush for my hair, the two of us silent.

I made my way back into the room now, sorting for a change of clothes in my closet as Harry twiddled with his thumbs. Harry always had an eye for beauty, and after years of being around me, I didn't doubt he knew a thing or two about my photography process.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I turned back to him, clothes in hand, and he raised an eyebrow back.

"Wouldn't that be a bit unprofessional?" I asked him, stopping where I stood.

"Who's to say?" He shrugged, his tone full of intrigue. He tilted his head with a smile on his face while I thought further, then turned away.

"I have to shower, then i'll be by your place to pick you up once I'm ready." I explained impulsively, setting my clothes down by the sink and turning on the shower. I watched him stare at me in confusion, before standing from the bed. "I suggest you go on and get ready yourself."