eighteen

"We've found it." I smiled, letting out a sigh as I set my bags down on the ground.

The grassy meadow stretched on for miles behind us, the tall leafy trees providing optimal shade. There were hundreds of flowers, some I'd never seen, all of cool-toned shades; purples, blues, whites. Just a few meters away, the sound of ducks in the pond and blowing leaves made for perfect ambiance, the bluish-green water complimenting perfectly with the soft white-painted dock on the other end. The clouds reflected in the water, the weather being exactly what I'd hoped for.

Harry set down the bags he'd offered to help carry, then rubbed his stomach as he looked around us. He let out a satisfied grin and held his hand up for me to high-five, the two of us proud to finally find an area for my photoshoot. We'd spent the entire day prior driving around different locations, finally deciding once the sun set that we'd just try again the next day.

I was so grateful he agreed to work with me again. It didn't take much convincing, either, which was nice. Basically, I called him late Friday evening after work and ran through a few main concepts for the project, and before I could even ask, he said he would love to help.

"Should I change now?" Harry asked, staring down at the bag that contained a few outfit changes I brought, before crouching down and opening it.

A small bird flew by and into the trees, taking my eyes off of Harry as he waited for an answer, before I slightly shook my head.

"I think we deserve a small break." I took a deep breath and sat on the grass by the bags, my arms resting on my legs as I pulled them closer to my chest. Carefully, Harry shifted into a sitting position, leaning his body back a bit to rest against his elbows, his legs straightened out before him.

We watched for a bit as the ducks swam circles in the pond, a mum and her ducklings, a sight too adorable to not warm a heart.

"I say we scrap the idea of me modeling and  just photograph these ducks." Harry lifted himself, tucking his legs in closer.

"Not a bad suggestion," I nodded, "Though, not sure I can really pitch a collection on ducks to my boss and an entire curating team."

"Fair." He agreed, then looked up at the sky.

"We should get started now, I wouldn't want to waste any light." I realized. Though the break was nice, we only had so many hours of sunlight available, and had quite a lot to get through. "I'll get the first look ready for you."

We both stood and crouched in front of the duffle containing all the outfits. The gorgeous fabrics and colors battled to be picked for the first run through, my mind unable to decide which we'd start with.

"Let's start here." I finally decided, pulling out the silky sage coloured trousers and white mens-style tank top.

Harry took the clothes from me and stood up, then laughed a little. "Should I be doing this in front of you?"

"I'm not going to be looking, if that's what you're worried about," I would be setting up my equipment. "Not as if it'd be anything I haven't already seen." I joked, remembering when he did something similar while offering me a bite of his apple.

"I just wouldn't want to distract you, is all." He fought back, unzipping his jeans as I turned my body away, laughing to myself.