two years ago

I propped my elbows up on the dining table, a happy sigh as I dropped my head into my hands, smiling up at Harry as he twirled his pasta around his fork.

"You're smiley." He squinted, trying to read me, bringing the fork up to his mouth.

I picked up my drink and took a sip, turning my smile into a frown. "Better?" I questioned, he shook his head.

"No, I prefer the other." He put down the fork and leaned back in his chair. "Tell me."

"Tell you what?" I questioned, though there was definitely something to tell.

"Li." He pushed, staring me down until I gave in, my smile appearing once again.

"One of my images is going to be featured in our next gallery." I finally let out, I'd been waiting to tell him all day, I just didn't know when. Though, honestly, I wanted to call him the moment I found out.

"Shit! Come here!" He sat up, a smile on his face larger than the one on my own. He opened his arms wide and slid back in his chair as I made my way around the table and over to him.

I met him with a hug as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me down, my legs draping over his lap as he hugged me. Our laughter filled the room and he didn't remove his arms from around me. "Baaabe," He shouted, then loosened his arms a bit and removed his head from my shoulder so we were face to face.

"Will you come see it when it opens?" I asked, one of my arms wrapped around his neck, the other on his chest as his arms still hugged my waist.

"Of course." Harry nodded, I laughed and leaned in for a kiss, though our smiles made it difficult.

I'd been hoping for this moment my whole life. To be featured in a museum and recognized for my work, it was a dream come true. I wasn't ever truly sure it'd be possible, but here I was, celebrating my accomplishment with my boyfriend. I couldn't have been happier.

"So, should we celebrate?" He asked, a smirk on his face, one that wasn't exactly hiding what he meant.

"Dirty, dirty boy." I shook my head, poking his nose with my index. "Let's finish up dinner and go for ice cream."

I returned to my seat and we continued on with our meal, talking about which specific image it was that made the gallery, and how insane it was that I'd only recently started at this job, and was already being featured. I'd just felt really proud of myself.

Once we finished, and after a few minutes of lying on our bed in silence out of pure laziness and exhaustion, we left for the ice cream shop.

"Mine or yours?" He asked, referring to which car we'd take.

"Let's walk, actually. What do you think?" The weather felt nice, it was still quite warm even though it was night, and we hadn't had many chances to explore the area.

"Romantic." Harry agreed.

We wandered off to the left of our apartment, searching for the nearest ice cream shop on my phone. It was a few blocks down, and open quite late.

"Take my hand." Harry spoke as I held my phone with both, right before sliding it into my pocket and placing my hand on top of his, slipping my fingers between his own.

Staring up at him, I watched as his curls bounced on top of his head. His hair was extra curly today, and probably quite soft. I hadn't had the chance to test out my theory, but I'd made a mental note to do so.

"Would you be opposed to hair colouring?" I questioned, "Pink, perhaps."

"That'd be pretty." He nodded. "But you don't need my permission."