Cookies

Maddy groaned as she rolled over on Saturday morning. Edward hadn't stayed the night yet again-- he had promised Alice and Jasper he would go with them to Alaska to visit some family friends for the day. He promised he'd be back by the afternoon to spend time with Maddy. She decided she might as well check her email, which was something she had been avoiding for a couple days. She really didn't want to sign on and see a message from Aaron.

Once she signed on, she beamed with happiness seeing a message from her dad. She quickly replied, and told him to start checking the mail for his present. She had sent the knife out yesterday, and expected it to arrive to Pennsylvania in about five or six days. She couldn't wait for him to get it-- he loved knives, and had nearly two hundred. Once she sent her dad's message she frowned seeing a message from Aaron-- he must have noticed her online and sent it. She opened the message up and rolled her eyes.

Mads,
Please message me back and tell me we're okay. I miss you so much. Love you.

She sighed as she quickly replied back to him.

I haven't changed my mind-- I'm moving on, I suggest you do the same.

She typed back, and then walked away from her computer. She walked down the stairs and saw her mother and Ava in the kitchen, and she smelled the sweet smell of chocolate cookies. She grinned as she took a seat on the stool.

"We're making cookies!" Ava squealed out.
"I can smell them-- they smell delicious."

Claire walked into the kitchen and took a seat two stools down from Maddy. She still seemed depressed over her break up with Chase.

"Oh darn! We're out of milk!" Susan said opening the door to the refrigerator.
"Maddy-- why don't you and Claire run down to the grocery store and buy some for me please." Susan said.
"Can't I just go?" Maddy ask, not wanting to get in a vehicle with Claire.
"Claire's barely been out of the house this week- I'm sure she wants to go too Madison." Susan hissed.

Maddy rolled her eyes, and Claire slowly raised up from the stool. Maddy grabbed her car keys and slipped on her converse as she walked out the front door. She didn't even ask Claire if she wanted to drive. Claire got in the car and shut the door, Maddy quickly drove down to the grocery store.

"Do you hate me?" Claire ask.
"I don't like you." Maddy snapped.
"I'm sorry about being mean to you, Maddy-- it's just. . . I thought your mom only wanted my dad for his money, and now that I see that she doesn't, I feel bad about things."
"You only feel bad because you're looking for sympathy, Claire. I'm not giving you any; but I will say one thing. Even you can do better than Chase."
"I kind of like someone else, but I don't think I stand a chance with him."
"You'll never know until you try, Claire." Maddy said, being civil with her.

Claire smiled, and nodded her head. Maddy opened the door and told her she would just be a minute and walked into the store. Claire was glad she had tinted windows-- she wouldn't want any of her friends to see her out with Maddy. Claire wasn't lying when she said she liked someone else-- she did. She liked Edward Cullen, just like every other girl in Forks. She was hoping to steal him away from Maddy, not only would she have the hottest guy in Forks, but she'd make Maddy miserable, and get back at Chase all in one.

Maddy placed the milk into the back seat, and then got in the driver's seat and headed back towards her home. She was glad Claire didn't talk much on the way home. She couldn't bite her tongue and be nice any longer. She had tried her best to be civil on the way to the grocery store; and she had actually done a good job, but something told her that Claire was up to something. She had a feeling in the pits of her stomach.

She packed the milk inside and the cookies were already on the counter waiting to be dipped and eaten. Maddy smiled as Susan poured everyone a glass of milk. She bit into the chocolate goodness and sighed. She hadn't had homemade cookies since they had moved to Forks, she had forgotten how good they tasted.

"These are marvelous, Susan." Claire said.
"Thank you sweet heart."

Maddy rolled her eyes and continued to chomp down on her cookies. After she was finished, she washed a few dishes for her mom and then headed upstairs. She knew Edward would be over in only a matter of hours. He had mentioned that the trip to Alaska wouldn't take long. They had left out last night, and were planning on coming back this afternoon. When she ask 'How are you going to manage to go to Alaska and back in half a day?' his reply was, 'I'm very fast, Maddy.' She assumed he and his family was running the entire way to Alaska.

She sorted through a few of her still unpacked boxes, and hung a few posters on her blank walls. She knew she wasn't going anywhere for awhile, at least for five months-- which was when her eighteenth birthday was. But even then would she want to leave? Could she leave Edward behind? She was falling for him hard and didn't know if she'd ever be able to leave.

After fixing her room up a bit, and getting ready for her Edward to come over, she decided to paint her nails. She placed the small brush to her nail, and left a trail of black paint over her nails. She smiled as she finished them, and blew on them to dry them faster.

She rushed over to her window when she heard a car pull into the drive way. She smiled down when she saw a familiar silver Volvo sitting there. Her heart began to beat faster as she rushed out of her room and downstairs to welcome him into the house. She figured they could stay inside and watch a few movies tonight. Susan and Mike was sitting on the couch cuddled up when the door bell rang. Mike started to get up to answer it, but he sunk back down when he watched Maddy flock to the door. She opened it and a smile spread across her face as Edward grinned at her.

"Come in." She said smiling.

Edward walked in and nodded to Susan and Mike. Susan introduced him to Mike, and he said his hellos.

"We're gonna watch a few movies in my room." Maddy said.

Susan and Mike both nodded as the two of them walked up stairs. Edward passed Claire in the hallway and rolled his eyes when her thoughts of him flooded his head.

"Claire thinks she's going to steal me from you." Edward said laughing, when Maddy shut the door.
"Is thinks the key word?" She ask, with a smirk.

He chuckled, and nodded his head as he took a seat on her bed. He watched as she bit down on her bottom lip nervously as she picked a movie to watch. She decided on a zombie flick. She turned the lights off and then placed it in her DVD player and turned the television on, she crawled in bed beside Edward, and cuddled up next to him to watch the movie.

Claire walked down the stairs when she heard the door shut, and the movie played. She knew what that meant; it meant they were getting physical with each other. A smile played on her lips as she walked downstairs. Or at least that's what she done with a guy when a movie was playing in her bedroom.

"Susan, Dad-- I think you guys should go break into Maddy's room and stop her and Edward from having sex. I hear the moaning and gasping from my room! I'm trying to focus on my studies."

For once-- Susan was surprised by Claire. She knew Maddy too well; she and Maddy were very open about her sexuality, and she knew her daughter wouldn't have sex with a guy unless she knew him very well. She wouldn't even allow herself to be sexual with Aaron.

"You think we should go?" Mike ask.
"No-- Maddy isn't having sex, Mike." Susan said.
"I heard her, Susan! She was moaning his name; it's disgusting." Claire said.
"I know my daughter better than that, Claire. She's not having sex with Edward." Susan said.

Claire groaned loudly and stomped out of the room. Mike looked over at Susan and sighed loudly; he didn't know who to believe-- his daughter, or his new wife. He decided to just let things be. He focused on the television.

Edward chuckled, as he read Susan's thoughts from downstairs. He had caught onto Claire's games through Susan's mind he was reading.

"What's so funny?" Maddy ask.
"Claire went and told them we were having sex-- Susan didn't believe her, and now she thinks Claire is everything you've told her she was."
"Thank God mom realizes she's the devil."

Edward was happy to find out Maddy was a virgin from Susan's thoughts. He had thought maybe she had gave herself to Aaron since they were together for so long.

"Edward?" Maddy said.
"Hmm?" He ask, taking his eyes off the television.

Maddy was sick of debating on if it was too soon or not-- She liked Edward and that was all that mattered.

"You gonna be my boyfriend or what?" She said smiling.

Edward chuckled; he was old fashioned, and believed a man was suppose to ask a woman, but with Maddy; he knew things were going to be different.

"I'd love to." He said reaching down and placing a kiss on her forehead.

Maddy smiled, it felt good to finally be able to call Edward hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~