Ironic

Edward packed Maddy up the stairs and placed her into Alice's bedroom. He didn't have a bed in his, so he wanted her to be comfortable. He pulled the covers up around her and smiled. He loved her so much. He examined her body, and she seemed to be fine. The only thing that may leave a mark was his hand print on her hip. He frowned, but knew that he done excellently during their adventure of intimacy.

He walked into the room next to Alice's and phoned his sister to see if they had found any strange scents or anything around Forks. It only took Alice one ring to pick up. Her cheery voice welcomed him.

"How was it?" She ask.
"Don't ask me that!" He snapped, "Did you find any scents?"
"Nope-- Forks seems to be clear of all vampires. . . besides us of course."
"Odd."
"Very. I've tried seeing further into her future-- but I can't see anything now!" She said.
"Nothing?"
"Nothing!"
"Keep trying, and keep your eyes opened. I'm phoning Jazz to check on Chris."
"He's fine, the two of them just returned from hunting." Alice said.
"Did you phone?"
"No! I saw, They were racing to a lion and Chris won. Jazz owns him a thousand dollars."

Edward chuckled. It seemed like Maddy's father was fitting into the lifestyle of a vampire well. Edward still didn't want Maddy around him though. Not until at least a year or so. He wanted Chris to be over his newborn stage before he went near Maddy. He wasn't about to take any chances with her.

Slowly he walked back inside the bedroom where she was sleeping and smiled as he looked at her. She was an angel that was sent to him in a time of need. She came to him at the most perfect time. Just when things were going down hill with Bella, she made her appearance. He remembered back to when they first talked. He was a jerk towards her, and she didn't even flinch. She held her ground, and wouldn't tolerate his attitude.

He and Maddy had over come a lot during their time together. He had always thought that his love for Bella was powerful, but he didn't even realize what love truly was until he met Maddy.

Walking into his bedroom, he decided that it was now just a good as time as ever. Slowly, he rummaged through a small wooden box in the corner of his room. Inside was things that had once belonged to his mother. There was a ring inside, one that his father had gave to his mother. He knew he always wanted to give it to his wife. He couldn't picture anyone other than Maddy being his wife, so why not give it to her now.

He placed the ring in the palm of his hand, as he made his way out of his room and towards Alice's. Should he do this tonight? Would she tell him yes? Would she think it's too soon? He opened the door to his sister's room and gazed inside and looked at his beautiful girlfriend.

Walking over, he ran his fingers over her cheeks. She slowly stirred in her sleep, and soon her eyes fluttered open. A smile curved into her lips as she looked up into his eyes.

"Round two?" She ask.

He chuckled, "Not yet, but I do want to talk to you."

She playfully pouted, and then raised up in bed, and scooted over. She burrowed her brows together when she realized she was in a bed instead of on the couch.

"Will Alice mind?"
"No-- she has no use for it at the moment. Jasper's away."
"Ew." She said softly.

He chuckled yet again, and took a seat next to her. He reached over and took her hand in his. He brought it up to his mouth, and placed a soft kiss on her hand.

"You know how much I love you, don't you?" He ask.
"A lot." She said innocently.
"Not just a lot, I love you so much more than simply a lot. There are no words for how I feel about you."
"You know I feel the same way, right?" She ask.
"Do you?" He ask.
"I do."

He chuckled, how ironic her answer was with the question he was about to ask. He sucked in a deep breath, and he knew if he was still human, he would be sweating bullets. He had never been so nervous in his entire life.

"I want to ask you something."
"Okay." She spoke softly.

She kind of had a feeling of what was coming, but she didn't want to get her hopes up. She bit onto her bottom lip nervously. He brought his other hand into view, and showed her a beautiful ring.

"It was my mothers." He said.

She swallowed hard. Was he about to do what she thought?

"I always knew I would give it to the woman I wanted to marry." He said.

Her heart nearly exploded. She was fighting back tears as he spoke.

"and I know I don't want anyone other than you as my wife, so Madison. . . will you marry me?" He ask softly.

She smiled, and then leaned over and pressed her mouth again his. He smiled into the kiss, and pulled away from her lips.

"Yes, yes, and yes!" She squealed out, before he could even ask for her answer.

He chuckled, as he brought her hand up and placed the ring on her finger. He kissed her forehead.

"I love you so much."
"I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~