Released

Maddy waited patiently for Carlisle to come into her room and release her. She, along with Bella had been kept in the hospital for an extra day to make sure they was recovering well enough. Carlisle wanted to make sure Maddy's shoulder didn't get infected bad, and Bella had just lost a baby. Edward, who had not left her side walked into the room with a smile on his face.

"You're getting released today, love." He said.
"Thank God-- I'm looking forward to going home, and getting a shower." Maddy said.
"Carlisle wants you to take it easy for a few days. He isn't releasing you back to school until Monday."

Maddy groaned, it was Wednesday. She was hoping to return back to school tomorrow, but knew that probably wouldn't happen. She was covered in bruises, her neck was swollen and burnt, and her shoulder had fifteen stitches in it. She raised up off the bed, and sighed. Placed her hands on her lap and waited for Carlisle to walk into the room.

"Maddy." He said with a smile, when he walked in dressed in his doctor apparel.
"Hi Carlisle-- Edward's already told me I can't go back to school."
"Good. You ready to get out of here? I phoned your mom and told her Edward's going to take you home. She's at work right now."
"Okay."

Alice came into the room packing a small black bag a few minutes later. She handed it to Maddy, and Maddy looked inside, happy to see normal clothes. She had been stuck in a tacky hospital gown far too long. She changed into a pair of loose sweat pants and a baggy sweat shirt. She tied her hair back into a pony tail, and glanced into the tiny mirror in the bathroom. Her face was several different colors. Yellow, Blue, and Purple, it looked like a weird rainbow painted on her face. She sighed, and walked out of the tiny bathroom that was linked to her room. Edward was standing there talking to Carlisle.

"Ready love?" Edward ask.
"Yes." Maddy said.

Maddy gave Carlisle a weak hug, and then walked out of the hospital room with Edward. He held on to her as they walked down the hallway and got inside the elevator. She giggled.

"I'm not handicapped." She reminded him.
"But you are hurt."
"I'm going to be fine, Edward. Where did Alice go?"
"She went back to school. Someone has to spread the word that you're out of the hospital."
"When does Bella get to go home?"
"Possibly tomorrow." Edward said.

Maddy nodded her head and the elevator made a dinging noise which signified they had reached their desired floor. They stepped out into the room and then he helped her out of the hospital.

"Wait right here. I'm gonna go pull the car around front." He said, and kissed her forehead.

Maddy waited by the hospital entrance/exit for Edward to pull the car around. She looked out and noticed the rain pouring down. She sighed, why did it always have to rain in Forks?

"Maddy?" A strong voice came from behind her.

She turned around and looked into the deep brown eyes of Jacob Black. He was standing there in a black wife beater and a pair of cut off jean shorts. His hair was cut very short, and his eyes were filled with pain. He had a look of determination across his face.

"Hi Jacob." She said, trying to be nice as possibly, knowing he had just lost a child.
"How are you?" He ask, noticing the bruises all along her face. She was more beat up than Bella.
"I'm okay, just sore." She said.
"Is there anything I can do for you?" He questioned.
"No, Jacob. I'm fine-- How is Bella?"
"She's fine."
"I'm sorry about the baby." She apologized.
"Yeah. . . I guess we just weren't meant to be parents right now." Jacob said softly.

She could tell he loved Bella, and had been mourning over the death of his child, but there was something else. She could see how much he cared for her-- even though they hardly knew each other.

Edward saw Jacob through the glass, and hurried inside the hospital. He appeared at Maddy's side, and let a low growl erupt from his throat. Jacob rolled his eyes.

"I'll be going-- I'll see you around, Maddy." Jacob said, turning around and walking away.

Edward helped Maddy out to the vehicle, and then quickly started it up and began driving her home. A sour expression was on his face the entire time. He hated the fact that Jacob Black had been so close to her.

"What was all that about?" He questioned.
"What-- Jacob?" She questioned back.
"Yeah."
"He was just checking on me. I feel bad for him Edward-- he lost a baby." Maddy said.
"Just don't let him through the cracks just because you feel sorry for him. He's determined to win you over." Edward said.
"And how do you know that? I think he's content with Bella." Maddy said.
"He's not content with her; it's a game to him, Maddy. He's calling it friendly competition, but in reality, it's a battle between vampire and werewolf."
"This is stupid! I'm with you-- Both of you need to realize that." Maddy said, crossing her arms and leaning back in the seat.

Edward sighed. He hoped she was telling the truth. He loved her more than anything.

He helped her out of the vehicle and up to her bedroom. Everyone was gone. Susan and Mike both at work, while Ava and Claire were at school. Maddy groaned whens he laid back on her bed. She felt like a pile of shit.

"I think I'm gonna take a shower." She said.
"Okay." Edward said, watching as she dug through her drawers looking for something to wear.

She walked over and placed a small kiss on his lips and then made her way down to the bathroom.

The hot water felt good as it rinsed over her body. It burned the scratches, but it made her feel a lot more cleaner. She washed her hair, even though it pained her to raise her right arm due to her shoulder. She placed some of her strawberry body wash over a cloth and than ran it across her body.

Once she was finished with her shower, she stepped out and placed on a pair of underwear, and tossed a t-shirt over her head. The t-shirt was baggy and long, so she didn't need any shorts. She towel dried her hair and then let it hang down loosely over top of the shirt. She placed her clothing into the dirty hamper and then walked back into her room, smiling when she saw Edward sitting on her bed.

"I feel much better." She stated.
"Good-- you look a bit better as well." He said.

She grinned, and slowly walked over to her bed. He reached over and tucked a piece of wet hair behind her ear, and then leaned in and placed a soft kiss upon her lips.

"I love you." He murmured.
"I love you too-- you know I'm not going to leave you, right?" Maddy said.
"I know." Edward said.

He laid down on the bed, and pulled her down with him. She still needed her rest. He planned on staying with her until Susan arrived home from work, then he would leave for a little while and let her mother spend some time with her.

"Get some rest."
"I've rested all night and most of the day." She reminded him.
"Then what do you want to do?" He questioned.
"I wanna know-- what was going through your mind when you saw me in Alice's vision."

He sighed.

"Honestly?" He questioned.
"Yes."
"My world came crashing down around me-- all I could think about was getting to you. I wasn't going to let you die, Maddy-- I was. . . I was willing. . . If I had to; I was going to change you." He admitted.

Maddy smiled, as she looked into his eyes that had faded to a shade of black over the past few days from his lack of hunting. She smiled.

"You was going to change me?"
"I was-- It was a selfish thought."
"No- It wasn't. I would want you to change me, Edward!"
"You don't know what you're getting yourself into when you ask for this life."
"I don't care what I'm getting into, as long as I have you; that's all that matters."

Edward smiled.

"Let's not talk about this right now, okay? Some other time."
"Okay. Some other time it is." She said grinning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~