Vision Perfect

The day of prom had finally arrived. Maddy was super excited about the event. Prom was sort of a big deal in Forks. Alice was coming over in a bit to do her hair. She had her dress, and earrings laid out on her bed. She couldn't wait to see Edward tonight in a tux.

Walking down the stairs, she saw Claire standing there holding a large bag, which probably contained her dress. She gave Claire a weak smile, and Claire smiled back. Things between them had improved. They weren't best friends or anything, but now they could stand in a room without wanting to slaughter the other one. Susan came into the room wiping tears from her eyes. Maddy giggled, and rolled her eyes. Her mom always got emotional at times like this.

"My girls are growing up." She said, not wanting to make Claire feel left out.
"It's just prom, mom." Maddy reminded her.
"But still. Oh-- I remember my high school prom. It was so lovely. I wore a midnight blue dress and I had the time of my life." Susan said, "You girls are going to have so much fun. What are the plans for after prom?"
"Their having a thing called 'Project Prom'." Claire said, "Their having it in the gym-- basically a big after party to keep the kids inside. You can't leave until four a.m once you go inside. It's to keep everyone from drinking." Claire explained.
"That sounds like a good idea. Are you guys going?"
"Chase and I are." Claire said.
"I'm not sure what Edward has in mind, mom." Maddy answered honestly.
"Well, just call and let me know. Okay?"
"I will."

Maddy was just about to go up the stairs when the door bell ring. She smiled as she walked over to it, she opened the door and grinned at Alice. The tiny pixie had a large sack over her shoulder, probably filled with hair accessories, and cosmetics.

"You're a bit early." Maddy said
"I am not! Prom is in six hours." Alice said.
"You think it's going to take me six hours to look good? Thanks Alice!" Maddy said sarcastically.

Alice giggled, "No silly, but I'm sure everyone wants pictures."
"I know I sure do." Susan said coming into the living room, "Hi, I'm Maddy's Mom."
"I'm Alice-- Edward's sister."
"It's so nice to meet you." Susan said, "I swear, all of you have the prettiest eyes I've ever saw."

Alice giggled again, this time a bit nervously. "Let's get started!" She said.

Maddy led Alice up to her room. Alice squealed out when she looked at the dress on the bed.

"It's even prettier than I saw! Oh Gosh! You're going to look amazing! You're wearing your hair straight by the way."

Maddy giggled, "I thought you said curls last week."
"Yeah-- but that was before I saw the hair straight in my vision, and trust me. You want it straight." Alice said.

Maddy sighed, and allowed the tiny girl to toss through the bag and take out everything she needed. Maddy took a seat in her chair and allowed Alice to plug in her fancy straightener. She also laid out several different combs, and clips of all sizes on her vanity. Then a big can of bright red hair spray was placed on the vanity.

"My hair isn't going to move tonight. . . is it?"
"Tornado proof!" Alice said happily.

Maddy smiled as Alice began on her hair. She took her time and straightened each piece of hair perfectly. Alice had also brought by some sort of shiny clip. It looked like diamonds were glistening off the hair accessory. She placed it in her mouth, and then pulled back some of Maddy's hair as she placed it perfectly on the back.

"My hair only took an hour. Not too bad."

Alice gave Maddy a human break for bladder control, and beverages before they started on their make-up. Maddy was in the kitchen getting herself a soda when she head Claire squeal out.

"Oh my God!" Claire said.
"What?" Maddy ask.
"Your hair looks so good!" Claire said smiling.
"Thanks."
"You're going to be a knock out tonight." Claire said.

Maddy smiled once again, and took her soda up the stairs. Maddy was glad Claire was changing towards her.

"I'm glad you and Claire put aside your differences." Alice said.
"Yeah. Me too."
"She's going to be heart broken though."
"When Chase leaves?"
"Actually after graduation. But at least you'll be there for her." Alice said.

Maddy nodded her head. Alice had probably saw her helping Claire through the rough time. Maddy sipped on her soda, and waited for Alice to pick out the colors of her make-up. Alice was going to go with very natural shades. Alice worked quickly on her-- making sure her make-up was perfect.

"What time are you going to get ready for prom?" Maddy ask.
"I'm not going." Alice stated.
"Why not!"
"I've been to prom to many times."
"I guess it gets boring after the first few times, huh." Maddy said.
"Kind of. . . It's the same ol' thing, just different people, and newer music." Alice said.
"Then why was Edward wanting to go so badly?"
"Because, he wants you to experience everything you can."
"Is he going to change me?"
"I've seen you with us, Maddy-- but I don't know how your transformation happens. However, I believe Edward wants to be the one to do it. Even though he would never admit it, I think he's counting down the days until you join us. That way, he knows for sure that your his for eternity."

Maddy smiled, "I just hope he doesn't think of himself as a monster."
"He does-- and I don't think that will change until years after your transformation."

Maddy sighed, and shut up, allowing Alice to continue with her make-up. Alice finished up in about twenty minutes. She wouldn't allow Maddy to look in the mirror. She picked up her earrings and placed them in her ears.

"Can I look now?" Maddy ask.
"Nope!"
"What do you mean 'Nope'?" Maddy ask.
"Change into your dress and put your shoes on-- and no peeking!" Alice said, walking out of the room.

Maddy decided that she would do as Alice said. She changed into her dress, and slipped her high heels on while avoiding all mirrors. Alice opened the door a few minutes later and Maddy turned around. Alice smiled wide, "Vision perfect." She said giggling.

Maddy glanced over into the mirror and her jaw dropped. She looked amazing. The dress looked perfect on her. Her hair and make-up was also done beautifully.

"Thank you so much, Alice."
"Thank you for being such a great canvas." Alice said.

Maddy spun around and continued to look at the dress, she was amazed by how beautiful it was.

"I can't wait to see him." Maddy said.
"You won't have to wait long-- he's going to be here in five minutes." Alice said smiling.

Maddy smiled. She couldn't wait to see Edward, and go have the time of her life at prom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~