Packing

Maddy bit down on her bottom lip as she looked at her closet full of clothes. She was only staying in Pennsylvania a week, but she didn't know what clothes she wanted to pack. Edward chuckled from her bed as he watched her debate. She turned around and gave him a stern look.

"It's a tougher decision than you think."
"Oh yes-- picking out what to pack is a awful decision."
"Shush! Have you packed already?"
"Yes-- I packed a week ago, little miss last minute."

She grinned, as she reached in and pulled out several pairs of jeans and tossed them into her suit case. She then pulled out some band tee's and then a few tanks. After five minutes of tossing articles of clothing into her suit case, she knew she'd have a hard time closing it. She pulled it over to the middle of the room, and tossed the top over, and tried to zip it.

"Here, let me." Edward said, coming over and pushing it down with ease.
"You just wait until I'm stronger than you-- I'm taking you down in an arm wrestling match." She said softly.

He chuckled. She kissed him softly on the cheek and then returned over to her vanity where she began placing several different cosmetics and hair accessories into a small polka dot bag. Their flight was leaving out tonight at ten.

"You have so much stuff." He said.
"I know! I'm a girl though." She said in defense.

Edward smiled, and Maddy giggled as she walked over to him, shoving him down lightly on the bed and crawling on top of him. She straddled him, and then bent down and placed a soft kiss upon his mouth. She placed her lips against his neck, and began sucking gently on the flesh. He gave her a groan of approval, and just as she was about to return her mouth to his a knock came on the door. She scurried to remove herself from the position she was in and walked over to her door, pulling it open predicting to see her sister or mom standing there. Needless to say, she was shocked when she saw Jacob Black standing there in the hallway.

"Jacob." She said softly with a confused face.

Edward tensed up, and appeared behind her quickly. He placed an arm around her and pulled back back into him, and starred into Jacob's dark eyes.

"I just thought I'd drop by to wish you a happy trip."
"How did you know I was going somewhere?" She ask.

He sighed, "Claire told Mike, who told Bella, who reluctantly told me." Jacob said.

Maddy smiled awkwardly, and moved out of Jacob's way, allowing him into the room. Edward turned his nose up in distaste as Jacob walked around her room looking around.

"Nice set up." Jacob said.
"You've wished her a happy trip-- what are you staying for?" Edward spat.
"Maddy and I are friends, lee-Edward."

She sighed. She had agreed to be friends with Jacob, but she didn't wait their friendship to cause Edward discomfort. Jacob took a seat on Maddy's bed, and Edward huffed. He couldn't believe Jacob just came into her room and acted as if he owned the place.

"How long are you staying?"
"A week."
"You better keep her safe, leech."
"I've done a damn good job of it so far, haven't I?" Edward spat.

Edward was beginning to hate Jacob even more, if that was possible. He could sense Maddy was trying to keep the peace between them. He kissed her forehead softly, and then picked up her suit case and placed it by the door.

"How are you suppose to protect her in the sunlight, bloodsucker?" Jacob ask.
"Enough. Jacob, don't disrespect him."
"I just wanna know how he's suppose to protect you when he fucking sparkles." Jacob muttered.

Edward growled lowly, knowing Bella must have talked to Jacob about what happened when he was in the sunlight. All he wanted to do at the moment was rip Jacob's head off. Another knock came to the door, and Maddy walked over and answered it. It was Ava, asking for help. Maddy turned around and looked at Edward, and then Jacob, and then back to Edward.

"Behave yourselves." She said, as she walked out of the room.

Edward and Jacob both walked to the middle of the room, and starred deep into each others eyes. They were so much more than enemies. Jacob didn't want Maddy anywhere near this leech, and Edward didn't want her near the mutt.

"One day she's going to realize that she's better than you." Jacob spat.
"She'll never be with you."
"I'm not saying she will be. I'm just saying she'll find someone better than you. You can't change her, remember the treaty."

Edward groaned, "It's Maddy's wish."
"You're gonna take her life from her?"

Edward felt guilty. Jacob knew the right punches to throw.

"I'll do whatever she wants me to do." Edward muttered lowly.
"So, you'll be the reason she takes her last breath? Be the reason her heart beat slowly stops?" Jacob said, making it sound like Edward was the devil.

Maddy listened from the outside of the door and shook her head. Jacob was not going to make Edward feel guilty for something she wanted. She flung the door open, "Jacob, get out. I don't want or need your friendship."

Jacob turned around and looked at her stunned. She could see the visible hurt in his eyes, but she didn't care.

"Mad--"
"I don't care. You went low by saying that to him. I told you to respect him, and you couldn't do that. And by disrespecting him, you went against my wishes, and disrespected me. So please, get out of my room, and out of my life. I don't ever want to see you again."

Jacob's insides felt as if they went into a blender. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, "This isn't over." He said, looking towards Edward and walking out of the room. He turned around and looked at Maddy, "I'm sorry for disrespecting you." He said and then disappeared.

She walked over to Edward and tossed her arms around his neck. She could tell he was taking what Jacob said to heart. She reached up and placed her lips against his.

"Don't listen to what he said."
"It's the truth."
"Damn it! Edward, I love you-- and I want this. I want my heart to stop beating for you. I want this life, I want to be your forever!"

He forced a weak smile upon his lips and nodded his head, even though the words from the dog still stung. He would try to put up a happy front for the trip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~