Indestructible

Maddy smiled as the waitress walked away. She had just ordered her dinner for the afternoon. She shook her head and grinned as she made eye contact with Edward.

"Why did we come out to dinner if you can't eat?" She ask.
"Because, it's a nice restaurant, and I wanted to bring you out." Edward said.
"But, it just doesn't make sense."

He chuckled, and shook his head as he starred deep into her dark chocolate eyes. She had no clue, but those eyes were putting him under a spell. The way they sparkled, the way her cheeks flushed lightly when he said something that embarrassed her, the way her lips quivered when she was in the process of thinking. Every little movement from her made him love her even more.

"What do you have in store after dinner?" She questioned.
"I was thinking maybe a walk in the park. I hear it's beautiful at night." Edward said.

Maddy nodded her head and smiled when the waitress placed a bowl of noodles and pasta in front of her along with some bread. The waitress, who earlier introduced herself as Carrie smiled down at Edward.
"Are you sure I can't get you anything?" She questioned in a flirty tone.
"I'm positive, thanks anyways." He said.

He watched as Maddy slowly ate her dinner. A crooked smile was playing along his lips as she dabbed her napkin across her lips every few minutes to make sure nothing was on her face.

"Stop watching me." She hissed playfully.
"I can't help it-- you sort of dazzle me." He said.

She laughed, and continued to eat her dinner. She was full after eating only half of what she had ordered. It was much more than she would have expected. She rubbed her hand over her stomach and leaned back in the chair, Edward chuckled once again.

"Full, love?"
"Very."
"Then let's get out of here." He said grinning.

He left a large bill on the table which would cover Maddy's meal and the tip. He then linked hands with her and the two of them walked out into the cool night air. She smiled as she looked up at the stars. They were shinning bright.

"I always connected them when I was younger." She said.
"Connected the stars?" Edward ask.
"Yeah-- Sometimes I would come up with very interesting images." Maddy confessed.

Edward smiled, and gave a light laugh. He could just picture a young Maddy laying out in the grass, and looking up at the stars. Edward started walking towards the park, and Maddy shivered when some wind blew through her hair.

"Cold?" He questioned.
"Just when the wind decides to blow." She said.

He smiled weakly and wrapped his arm around her waist, inside of holding her hand. He knew his body probably wasn't helping her from freezing. They walked slowly across the pavement which was lit up by several ground lights. Maddy smiled when she looked up and saw how bright and full the moon was.

"Wow. That's beautiful." She mumbled.
"Not nearly as beautiful as you." He whispered into her ear.

Maddy bit down on her lip as she looked up into Edward's liquid topaz eyes. He was making her go weak in the knees with just his words. She reached over and grabbed his cold hand, and intertwined her fingers with hers. He smiled as he brought her hand up to his lips, and placed a cool kiss on her hands. She reached up and placed her free hand on the back of his neck, and bent his head down. She smiled, as she leaned up and molded her lips against his. Edward placed both his hands on her hips as she continued to kiss him. He kissed back, but was trying to control himself. He didn't want things to go too far with Maddy; he knew he was capable of hurting her. She tried to deepen the kiss, and he backed away slowly.

"Boundaries." He said.
"I don't like boundaries." She spoke softly, breathless from the kiss.
"We've got to have them."
"No, we don't." She said connecting her lips against his once again.

Maddy placed her lips against his as hard as she could. The feeling of his cold steel lips against her soft ones was the most amazing feeling in the world. It was like a spark of electricity was shooting through her. He groaned into the kiss, and she took the opportunity to deepen it. She found her tongue darting into his mouth, exploring every inch of his mouth. Edward gave in, and allowed his tongue to roam as well, making sure to keep all venom away from her.

She pulled away; only because she needed air, and gasped. Edward closed his eyes and leaned his forehead down on hers.

"That's why we need boundaries." He said, talking about her breathing.
"We'll just have to pace ourselves." She said, still out of breath.

He chuckled, and shook his head.

"You're going to be the death of me."
"You're indestructible." She reminded him.
"I thought I was, and I probably was." He said smirking, "Until I met you."

She smiled, and then sighed. She was falling in love with him, there was no getting around that. Edward Cullen was the perfect boyfriend all around.

"Let's head home, love. It's already after ten, and I promised I'd have you home before eleven." Edward said.
"But mom said I could stay out as late as I wanted." She reminded him.
"But, I want to make a good impression." Edward replied.
"But, I really wanted to spend more time with you." She said, with a small pout.
"I'll come over tonight when everyone's asleep." Edward said, placing a soft kiss on her temple.

Maddy nodded her head, and they began to walk back to the restaurant together to get the Volvo. Tonight was the perfect date, and Maddy couldn't wait to fall asleep in his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~