Explanation

Bella angrily slammed her truck door, and walked up the porch of the Cullen's home. After hearing that Jacob had imprinted on Maddy, she wanted to give Edward a piece of her mind on his girlfriend. She couldn't believe he even allowed her on the reservation. Just as she was about to pound on the door, it flew open to reveal Emmett standing there. Clearly Alice had saw her coming. He moved to the side silently, and allowed her into the house. She looked around the house, and saw it empty.

"Edward will be down in a second, he and Alice are talking about something." Emmett said.

Bella nodded her head and watched as the stronger Cullen walked into the kitchen. She assumed that everyone else was hunting. She looked up when she saw Edward walking down the stairs with a look of distaste on his face. Alice had probably already foreseen what she was coming here to talk to him about.

"What happened?" He hissed when he got to the bottom of the stairs.
"Your girlfriend! Your stupid ass girlfriend came to La Push!" Bella said.
"Do not call her stupid-- I meant with your dog-- what happened?" Edward ask.

Alice had saw Bella coming to talk to Edward about Maddy being at La Push. Most of the vision was weak and scattered though due to Jacob being involved. Edward gritted his teeth together.

"Jacob imprinted on her!" Bella said angrily.

Edward's world crashed down. Imprinted? He had heard the old legends about imprinting.

"What exactly does it mean to imprint, Bella?" Edward ask, wanting her to refresh his memory. He hadn't heard the term in such a long time.
"It's kind of like finding your soul mate, I guess- I don't know! I just know Jacob explained it to me once, that you become whatever they want you to be, whether it's a friend, brother, protector, or lover." Bella said.
"Is she safe?" Edward ask.
"I hope not! I hope she fucking dies!" Bella yelled.
"Don't say that about her." Edward said, his hands clutching into fist.
"EDWARD, I'M PREGNANT! Do you not understand what this does to me? Jacob cares more about her than he does about me and this baby!" She said, pointing down to her bump hiding under her flannel shirt.

Edward felt sorry for Bella-- but he honestly didn't care. She had got herself into this situation.

"I'm sorry, Bella-- but I don't think you have anything to worry about. Maddy is dating me." Edward said.
"It doesn't matter! Jacob will make her fall for him! Emily hated Sam at first too-- but how can you hate someone if they treat you like a queen? Jacob will do everything in his power to make Maddy happy! He will do anything to make her smile. His world revolves around her now, Edward!" Bella said.

Edward sighed, running his hands through his hair. Imprinting was strong, some would say stronger than love. But it didn't work both ways-- Maddy didn't imprint on Jacob, therefore she didn't feel anything for him, as long as Edward could keep her away from him, then she wouldn't fall victim to his loving behavior.

"I need to go speak with my girlfriend." Edward said, walking past Bella.
"What about me? What am I suppose to do?" Bella ask.
"I suggest you go find that dog of yours, and tell him unless he wants to be buried then he should stay away from her." Edward spat.

This was one war he was willing to start. There was nothing that was going to stand in the way of him and Maddy being together.

Maddy was laying in bed reading when she noticed her window open. She placed her book down on the bed and watched as Edward quickly came through the window, shutting it behind him. He walked over to the bed and took a seat. She smiled when she saw him-- it had been a long Saturday without seeing his smiling face.

"Hey." She said with a grin.
"How was La Push?" He ask, hoping she would say horrible.
"It was fun-- I hung out with Hayley and Mike. . . Bella was there for a bit." She said, not sure what his reaction would be to her hanging with his ex.
"And the others?" He ask, "Did you talk to any of them?" Edward ask, looking for any sign of her liking Jacob.
"No-- actually, I think their a bit too extreme for me. They were cliff diving for heaven's sake. They could have been killed." Maddy said, "And Bella's boyfriend-- he kinda scared me. He kept starring at me." Maddy continued, "So we just left."
"Do you feel any differently about me?" Edward ask.
"Different?"
"Yes-- has your feelings changed towards me?" Edward repeated in a different wording.
"They change everyday, Edward-- I fall for you more and more every single day." She admitted, honestly.

Edward slowly allowed his lips to turn up into a smile. That was the best thing he could have heard. He leaned over and placed a soft kiss upon her lips.

"Please-- don't think I'm controlling or anything, but please, I'm begging you, don't go back to La Push." Edward said.
"Will you tell me why?" Maddy ask.

He nodded his head-- Jacob had once broke the treaty by telling Bella, so Edward was willing to break the treaty right now. He sighed.

"You know the guys from La Push-- the big ones, Jacob and his friends?" Edward ask
"Yeah. . . They were the ones cliff diving."
"Well-- they aren't exactly human either." Edward started, "More human than me-- but still-- they are my enemy, we tend to call them dogs-- however they descended from Wolves."
"What-- Werewolves?" Maddy ask.
"Exactly." Edward said, "And they are very dangerous-- just as dangerous as me really-- when they shift, they do it out of anger normally, and if you were too close when one of those mutts transformed, you could be scarred, or even killed from it." He said.

Maddy nodded her head and listened as he talked about their history some more. She now understood why he didn't want her to go there in the first place. Alice couldn't even see her when she was at the reservation. She felt bad for going now.

"and there's one more thing." Edward said.
"What's that?" She questioned.
"Bella stopped by earlier-- and told me what happened today." He said.
"What did she say?" Maddy ask, getting worried. Had Bella made up a lie on her?
"Jacob imprinted on you." Edward said, his teeth grinding together yet again at the thought of Jacob having feelings for Maddy.
"Imprinted?" She questioned.

He explained to her what imprinting was. Maddy gasped when she found out what it was.

"So, he's in love with me?" She ask.
"Yes-- but that doesn't mean you're his soul mate, Maddy-- it just means that he will become whatever you want him to be. Whether it's your lover, friend, protector, or whatever else you may see fit." Edward said.
"But-- I'm with you, Edward. I don't want anything to do with him. He can just stay away." Maddy said.
"I'm going to try to make sure he does-- but he may slip through the cracks someway."
"But-- I'm in control of my feelings, right?" She questioned.
"Yes-- you are." He started, "But Jacob will seem too good to be true after awhile-- he becomes what YOU want-- everything you dreamed of."

Maddy bit down on her bottom lip and shook her head. This world that she now lived in was not normal-- it felt like she was in some sort of cheap sci-fi movie.

"But you're everything I dreamed of." She said leaning in and pressing her lips against his.
"I sure hope so." He mumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~