Emily

Maddy tore her eyes away from Emily for a second, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable like Jacob had said. Emily tipped a glass of water up to her mouth and swallowed some of the contents. She then sighed.

"Jake, wanted me to explain to you my experience of imprinting."
"Okay. . ."
"You have no clue about any of us do you?"
"No, not really."
"Well-- Sam and I weren't always together-- He was actually dating my cousin Leah when it happened."
"He imprinted on you when he was dating his cousin?" Maddy ask.

She couldn't believe Sam would do that.

"Yes-- and I blamed him for the trouble between us at first. Leah and I were the best of friends all our lives, and then this man comes along and breaks us apart. I couldn't understand how Sam could do that at first. I blamed him for my cousin hating me for so long. I wouldn't have anything t do with him, I stayed away from him. I wouldn't even give him a chance."
"I don't blame you-- She was your cousin, your blood!" Maddy said.
"That was only at first though. Then one night, I gave him a chance to explain; and once I opened up to him I couldn't look back. Nothing else mattered but Sam. I no longer cared about Leah's opinions on us, even though I loved her just as much as I always did."
"So, you've been together ever since?"
"Yes, after I opened my heart up to him, I knew that no one could ever love me like he does. He's my lover, best friend, and protector. and Jake will be yours if you allow him to be."
"I have a boyfriend that I'm very much in love with, Emily."
"Edward Cullen, right?" She ask.
"Yes."
"Bella dated him too-- she was very much in love with him, but he messes up, and Jake won't."
"Edward hasn't messed up yet." Maddy said.
"But when he does."
"He might not."
"But he might."

Maddy didn't want to argue with Emily in her own house, but she wasn't about to let her stand there and talk about Edward.

"What happened to your face, Emily?" Maddy ask, not wanting to sound rude. But she wondered if Sam had done it when he was in his wolf form.

Emily frowned.

"He didn't mean to." Emily whispered.
"But Sam done it-- didn't he, when he shifted." Maddy said softly.
"He was angry-- we were arguing about me opening up." Emily said.
"He feels horrible for it, and everyday he makes it up to me." Emily said.
"But how can you be with a man, knowing he's dangerous?" Maddy ask.
"Isn't that question kind of hypocritical?" Emily shot back.
"Edward's never hurt me."
"Not yet-- didn't he tell you about Bella's experience at the ballet studio?"
"No. . ."
"Another vampire James was after her. Edward nearly let her die!" Emily shouted.
"I'm sure he had no intentions of letting her die."
"He put her in danger to begin with." Emily said.
"I can't help what he done with Bella-- he made mistakes, everyone makes mistakes" Maddy said.
"And you're making the biggest one of your life by choosing him over Jake." Emily said.

The front door opened up, and Maddy was actually happy to see Jacob. She didn't like Emily's conversation and was willing to get out of it any way possible. Emily shot Jacob a look of disapproval, and Jacob frowned.

"You wanna walk down by the beach?" He ask Maddy.
"Sure." She replied quickly, anything to get away from Emily.

Jacob and Maddy walked down the beach. Jacob took in a strong whiff of her scent and nearly gagged. He couldn't believe he didn't notice it before-- he was probably excited to just be around her at first.

"God, what did he do-- lick you all over?" Jacob ask.
"What?" Maddy ask confused.
"The leech, did he give you a bath in his saliva before you came here?"
"What are you talking about?"
"I can smell him on you." Jacob said.

Maddy then recalled Edward's smirk after placing kisses all along her neck, and breathing into her hair. She giggled lightly; he knew what he was doing.

"You stink." Jacob complained.
"I think I smell great." Maddy said.
"Ugh! You would" He said.

Maddy smiled as she thought about Edward. He was smart for breathing on her-- now Jacob wouldn't come near her. She made a mental note to thank him later.

"So, did you like talking to Emily?" Jacob ask.
"Honestly, no. I feel like she was trying to force you on me." Maddy replied.
"She just wants me happy." Jacob said kicking the sand.
"Aren't you happy with Bella?" Maddy questioned.
"I am, but I don't know. I feel like I need to be there for you in some way."
"Can't you act like I never met you?"

He laughed nervously, "I kind of wish so, sadly."
"I'm sorry I make things difficult."

He sighed, "You can't help who you love, right?"
"Right."
"Since I can't be romantically involved with you-- is friendship out of the question?"
"You're not going to be one of those freaky perverted friends who tries to sleep with me, are you?"

Jacob laughed, "No-- just a regular old fashioned friend, who will be there no matter what." Jacob said.
"I think I could live with that." Maddy said.

She felt bad for Jacob. She didn't understand how he could feel so strong towards her, but clearly it wasn't something he could just turn off if he wanted to. He at least deserved friendship.

"I should be getting home. . ." Maddy said.
"To your blood-boyfriend." He said catching himself.
"Yeah." She said softly.

Jacob nodded his head and the two of them slowly walked towards the rabbit together. He had failed at winning her heart, but he would live with her friendship. . . for now-- but he would be there the second Edward screwed up. He still had hope of one day winning her heart, however having her friendship right now-- everything seemed okay with him. . . for the time being.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~