Kidnapped

Maddy traced her fingers over Mason's tummy as he laid next to her in the bed. It had been nearly a month since her transformation. She had spent as much time as possible with her son. He was growing so quickly. In just a month, Mason had grown a lot, and had even started talking, which surprised everyone. What surprised them the most was his ability, like his mother and father, he was also a mind reader.

Edward walked into the room with a sour expression upon his face. Maddy moved from the bed, leaving sleeping Mason there alone and walked over to his side. She knew of the other vampire scents, and knew Edward was scared they belonged to Aaron.

"What's wrong?" She ask.
"We caught the scent-- Emmett and I. We chased them, while Jacob and Sam were chasing on the other end. I don't know how they got past us."
"What do they want?" She ask.
"I don't know." He said, looking over at the bed and smiling.
"He just fell asleep. You think we should take him to his crib?"
"I think he'll be fine right there." Edward said.
"Okay. Let's get out of here so he can sleep peacefully." Maddy said.

Edward nodded his head, and linked his fingers with hers as they walked down the stairs and joined everyone else in the living room.

"Look at the outfit I found for Mason!" Alice squealed.

Maddy smiled as she walked over and looked through the bag full of clothes Alice had found for the baby. She insisted that he never wear the same outfit twice, which wasn't a problem since he grew so quickly.

"Where is he?" Rosalie ask.
"Sleeping in our room. He's so tired." Maddy said.
"Can't wait for the little rascal to walk. . . I'm going to have fun teaching him how to play baseball." Emmett said.

Everyone was caught up in conversation when Maddy noticed Edward walk away from everyone. He was leaned against the railing on the stairs. Then his eyes went wide and he flashed up the stairs at a super human pace, she followed behind him quickly.

He opened the bedroom door, and looked in. A body quickly jumped out of the window, taking baby Mason with them.

"NO!" Edward screamed running after whoever had just kidnapped their baby.

"What happened?" Emmett ask, coming into the room.
"Someone took Mason!" Maddy yelled, running out the window.

She leaped to the ground with a graceful thud. She then took off running into the woods, hoping to find her soon. Trees passed by her quickly as she ran and ran. She could hear the voices all around her. Everyone else had joined the search.

"Why hello beautiful." A voice said from behind her.

She turned around and looked into the crimson eyes of her past boyfriend, who she barely remembered from her human life.

"Aaron." She whispered.
"Such a beautiful vampire-- even more beautiful than you was as a human." Aaron said, circling her.
"Where is my baby?" She demanded.
"Oh don't worry-- Little Mason is fine. . . He was just a distraction. . . bait." Aaron said.
"Bait?" She ask.
"Silly Maddy. Did you honestly think anyone wanted that little half vampire child? No-- we just took him to make sure that the family didn't come after you. I wanted you all to myself." Aaron said.

It made sense. Of course they took Mason. No one would even think about Maddy being in trouble if Mason had just been kidnapped.

"Who took my son?" She demanded.
"Just a friend. . ." He said grinning.
"I have a offer to make you." Aaron said.
"I don't want any offers. I want my son."
"Sorry, no can do. Neither of my offers include your son-- or your fiance." He said, disgusted, as he starred at the ring on her finger.
"Now. . . do you want to hear my offers?" Aaron ask.

Maddy was silent. She was about to pounce on him. He laughed, "Let me explain my gift first." He said, "Better yet-- allow me to show you my gift." He stated.

And then pain flashed through her body, causing her to fall to the ground and scream out in agony.

"Cool, huh?" He said, flashing her his brilliant smile.

"Now. . . my offers." He said darkly.

"The first one would be you leave with me. We unite ourselves together once again, and you never think about that disgusting Edward or that little half breed again."
"And your next offer?" She ask bitterly, "Because THAT will never happen." She said.
"Oh, I wouldn't be so sure. . . You might want to hear my next one."
"I don't." Maddy said.
"You do." Aaron said bitterly, looking down at her. "You die. You'll never see anyone ever again. Now pick your choice, cause I honestly don't care."
"I'll never be with you." She said, climbing to her feet.

Aaron grinned evilly, "Have it your way." He said, sending more pain throughout her body.

She recalled Carlisle talking about this power. One of the Volturi members had it.

Before she could even recover, Aaron had picked her up and tossed her into a tree. She struggled to move but he was holding her in place. He was just as strong as her, due to him also being a newborn. He cackled.

"Now what are you gonna do?" He ask.
"No one's here to save you! No one cares. . ." Aaron said.

Maddy looked behind her and grinned, "I wouldn't be so sure about that." She spat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~