Reuinted

Maddy was trying to hide her tears from Edward, but it wasn't possible. It felt like Mason beating her to death. She was rolled over on her side, trying to keep her whimpering down. Edward was laying behind her, snuggled up to her and running his hand over her stomach. His singing wasn't even helping any longer. Maddy believed she was going to go into labor earlier than Carlisle had expected. She was trying to put it off until her father arrived, which was in just a few hours.

"I want to have him tonight." She said.
"You think it's time?" Edward ask.
"Yes." She said, holding back a scream from his kicking.

Edward was in just as much agony as Maddy was. He hugged her tightly, knowing he had caused her this pain ripped him apart. He placed a kiss on her cheek, and ran his cold hand over her stomach.

Carlisle walked into the room and looked at Maddy and his son. He smiled softly.

"Your father just arrived."
"Really?" She ask excited.
"He and Jasper are downstairs. They ran quicker than we thought." Carlisle said.
"Tell him to come up and see me." She said softly.

Carlisle nodded his head and went downstairs to fetch Chris. Jasper and Emmett appeared in the room first. Jasper smiled at Edward, and then starred at Maddy's bump. He hadn't saw her since she had become pregnant.

"Ready for me?" Chris ask from the hallway.
"Come in!" She yelled.

In stepped her father, and she smiled widely. He looked the same. . . besides the crimson eyes, and the pale skin. He was just as she remembered him, possibly even more beautiful.

"You look. . . wow." Her father said looking at her stomach.
"I know. . ."

He came near her, and Emmett and Jasper were at his side quickly, watching every step he took.

"He's fine." Edward said, "He's not even thinking about the burning."
"It's there, but this is too special to even think about it." He said reaching his hand out to touch his daughter's stomach.

Maddy smiled, "I'm wanting to have him today-- he's getting rough. I think it's time." She said.
"Are you positive?" Her dad ask.
"Yeah. He's ready and so am I." She said.

She spent a few short minutes with her father, before Mason began to kick.

"I'm preparing the room." Carlisle stated.
"I'll be here when you wake up." Her father said kissing her forehead.
"Three days. . . take care of Edward, and Mason. ." She said.

He smiled, "I will sweet heart."

Edward was pacing back and forth on the other side of the room. Rosalie rolled her eyes as she took a seat next to Maddy and stroked her hair.

"It's going to be painful." Rosalie warned her.
"I know-- but all I'm going to be concerned with is getting to Mason." She smiled.
"I'll keep him safe until you wake up."
"I know you will, Rose. He's going to love you." Maddy smiled.

Rosalie grinned, "You're not so bad." She said.
"And neither are you."
"Glad you're going to be my sister." Rosalie replied.

Maddy smiled.

Carlisle ducked his head back into the room and sighed, "Room is set up. Edward. . . Rosalie." He said.

Edward walked over and lifted Maddy into his arms, and Rosalie followed him down the hallway. Rosalie, Carlisle, and Edward would be delivering little Mason.

Alice, Chris, Jasper, Emmett, and Esme would be waiting in another room. Alice hadn't been able to be around Maddy a lot since her she had become pregnant due to her headaches. She assumed this was due to the fetus. She was just glad to have Jasper back. It had felt like centuries without her significant other.

Edward placed Maddy onto the bed, and allowed Carlisle to hook her up to several different machines. Edward looked at the one which told her heartbeat and smiled. It was still strong.

"She's going to be fine." Rosalie said.
"We can only hope." He said.
"You aren't going to back out. . . are you? You know with the transformation." Rosalie said.
"Not when she's probably going to be dying."
"If you need me to. . . I'm willing." Rosalie said, "If you can't. . ."
"I know. . . Thank you, Rose. . . I just want you to handle Mason though." Edward said.

She smiled, "He's going to be beautiful."

"I think we should do a c-section." Carlisle stated. "I'm giving her morphine right now."
"It's only a matter of time now." Maddy said, stroking her stomach.

Edward breathed in deeply, inhaling every single bit of her scent. He knew that once she went through the transformation, everything about her was going to change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~