Rated R

Edward didn't stop running until he reached Maddy's house. It was nearing morning, but he didn't care. He needed to see her, to touch her, to make sure she was okay. He climbed the old oak tree, and went through her window. A sigh of relief escaped his mouth once he realized she was safely tucked under her covers. He slowly walked over and ran his fingers through her long silky hair. Normally, he would be against waking her. But right now he wasn't. He glanced over at the clock on her night stand. It was blinking 3:23 a.m.

He brushed his cold finger tips over her cheeks and watched as her eyes fluttered, but did not open. He placed his crooked smile upon his lips as he repeated the action. She wrinkled her nose, but did not wake. He chuckled lightly, and that seemed to do the job. Slowly, her eyelids lifted, revealing the chocolate brown orbs he had fallen completely in love with. She raised her hands up and rubbed her eyes quickly.

"Edward?" She whispered.
"Hi love." He said slowly.

She leaned over and turned on the lamp, and raised up in bed. Slowly, she scooted over and he got in the bed beside her. Her eyebrows were burrowed together and he could tell she was very confused as to why he was in her room at the moment.

"How. . . why are you here?"
"I started running this afternoon. . . and I just needed to see you." He confessed.

Maddy sighed, "Alice contacted you."

He frowned, "Yes. . ."
"Edward! You should have stayed with my dad." She said.
"He's fine, I promise. Jasper's staying."
"Still. You wasn't suppose to be back for another week."
"Can I use the excuse of 'I missed you?'" He ask.
"No, you cannot. You can however use the excuse of 'I'm scared my girlfriend will turn into a vampire while I'm away, so I come back to be my over protective self.'" She said bitterly.

He sighed, "After graduation." He said.
"Why?" She ask.
"Because! We've discussed this." He said.
"But, I want to re-discuss it. I don't wanna be human."
"Maddy, please."
"Edward. . ." She said, sticking her bottom lip out into a pout.
"I'm not changing you until after graduation."
"You're ridiculous."
"And you're not?"
"Not the least bit."

He sighed, "Get some rest. I'll be here in the morning."
"Yeah, to babysit me." She muttered.
"Baby, please." He said.
"Fine!" She said sourly, making herself comfortable in her bed again.

It didn't take long before she was lost in dream world again. Edward tangled his hands in her hair, and sighed. He really wanted her to wait until graduation. . . but would she? He didn't know if he could handle her pouting much longer. He hated to admit it, but he was wrapped completely around her finger. He would do anything she ask, all it took was very little convincing on her behalf.

Edward decided that he would do everything in his power to take her mind off becoming a vampire. He would have to keep her busy, and focused on other things. He could start with a fun day at his house, and then go from there. He also had her birthday coming up. Normally, he wasn't one for planning parties. But that was just weeks away, and surely she would want to stay human enough to experience her eighteenth birthday. There was also the small detail of Alice couldn't see exactly HOW Maddy was suppose to be turned, so he needed to be on alert at all times. Especially with a possibly of Aaron being a newborn lurking in the distance.

He was caught off guard by a yawn. He had been so focused on his thoughts that he hadn't even noticed her waking in his arms. He looked down and smiled when she leaned up and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"You're not off the hook yet." She said.
"Me? Off the hook? Shouldn't you be the one whose not off the hook!" He said.

She giggled, "I'm going to get my way."
"You're cocky." He said.
"I have reason to be though. . ." She said, leaning up and pressing her lips against the flesh on his throat. She ran her tongue over his cold skin, and could feel him shiver under her touch. She pulled away from him and winked.

"That's horrible!" He said.
"It is. . . isn't it? I'm going to go shower." She stated sarcastically, as she walked over to her dresser.
"Dress kind of warmly." Edward said.

She nodded her head, and pulled some thinks off racks as she walked out of the room. He decided to leave while she got ready. He wrote her down a quick note, and placed it on her bed as he made his escape and ran home at full pace. He needed to get himself a shower and change of clothes as well.

Alice was waiting on the porch for him.

"I knew you came! How could you! I bet she hates me!"
"She doesn't hate you-- she's just mad at me."
"Is Esme or Carlisle around?"
"Both are upstairs. . . their kind of uhm preoccupied though." Alice said.

Edward groaned, and then he was hit head on with his adoptive parents thoughts. He done everything in his power to get their rated R thoughts about each other out of his mind.

"But don't worry! They are about finished. . . by the time you get out of the shower." Alice said.
"That's disturbing that you know that."
"Only because I know you want to talk to us about something."

Edward mumbled something and then walked to the bathroom. He quickly took himself a shower and got a change of clothes. He grabbed the keys to the Volvo and then walked down the stairs. He was shocked to see Carlisle and Esme sitting downstairs on the couch with Esme, just as Alice predicted. He was positive that if his adoptive mother's cheeks could blush, then they would.

Carlisle gave Edward a half smile. 'Go ahead son, talk to us.' Carlisle thought.

Edward sighed, "As you know. . . Alice believes Maddy's going to be turned sooner than I'd like-- I don't know if she's in danger, but I believe her ex boyfriend might be a cause."
"I don't see anything about him." Alice said.
"But you can't see the transformation, he might not be involved."

Alice sighed, "Edward wants us to look around Forks to see if we can catch any scents."
"That would be smart." Esme said.
"Yes, of course Son. I'm off tonight, we can go around the entire surrounding area."
"He also wants alone time with Maddy to convince her to wait until Graduation."
"Alice!" Edward said annoyed, "I can talk for myself."
"That's fine." Esme said, "We can use a night out for hunting and we could search the area over good as well."
"Thanks." Edward said.

Esme and Carlisle both walked up the stairs to prepare for their hunting trip/night away. Alice sit on the couch nervously biting on her bottom lip.

"Edward. . . I need to tell you something, but I uhm, don't know how." Alice said.
"You don't know how to tell me something? Unbelievable. You always know how to say something." He said.
"I. . . uhm." Alice sighed, as she played a vision before him.

His mouth dropped when he saw the vision. It was something that he would have never wanted his adoptive sister to see. It was a very intimate moment between Maddy and himself. He swallowed hard. Was this going to happen soon? He knew he couldn't stop her forever-- but was it soon? He wondered.

"When did you have that vision?"
"This morning, it came all of a sudden-- like one of you two were set on making it happen."

He sighed.

Maddy was set on having sex with him soon. Could he control himself? Was he ready for that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~