Chapter 24

Later that day Lili and Alex come and we go through the school stuff. I expected Alex to be weird around me considering I behaved so fucked up but no, he was worried about me and askes me how I was. Which made me really happy.

Going through everything, I notice that they're slower than my previous school and it isn't as hard as I thought it would be to understand everything. I was missing quite some time after all. But Alex' notes make it very easy to follow.

After we're done with the work, the three of us talk about random things and they tell me what's going on in school. Knowing to have them around, I'm happy I can go back tomorrow.

There is still that whisper inside my mind, telling me they're all fucking with me and just want to use me or hurt me later but that's it. A whisper. A whisper I'm able of telling it's wrong. A whisper that I think I will be able to get rid of.

There is still that deep cut in my heart that my best friend caused me but with them I have hopes of it healing. Something that I never thought is possible.

I'm at a loss for words and don't notice tears flowing down my face.

"Leona? What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

I see Lili and Alex eye me worried ans shake my head.

"It's nothing. I just thought about some things and I'm just happy I have you and it just started."

They look at each other and then throw themselfs on me in sync making me squeak.

"You're so stupid! Whenever something's up, you can talk to us! Got it?"

That's done it. They get me crying tears of happiness and we just hug for a while.

After some hours of talking and laughing it's time for Alex to go.

"See ya tomorrow in school!"

He waves at us and heads off.

On our way to Lilis room, Cecil calls out to us.

"Hey Lilith! Can I steal Leona for a bit?"

She looks back and forth between us and I give her a small nod.

"Sure but bring her back before midnight!"

I punch her in the shoulder before Cecil drags me into the garden.

I didn't noticed it got late and the clear nightsky shows millions of stars and a lovely full moon. On the ground a blanket is spread out and some candles are lit around it.

'Did.. you do that?"

Cecil grins at me and takes a proud stance.

"Yes of course. We didn't had our picnic before so I asked Zack to help me set this up. I'm not very good with romantic stuff."

I smile at his words.

"So you're not angry at him anymore?"

He rubs his head.

"Nah. After we talked I went to him and apologized. I know I overreacted."

I tease him for a bit until he lets out an annoying growl.

"Leona. Don't make me have to punish you."

I bite my bottom lip at the thought but decide it's not the time for it and sit down on the blanket.

"Wow the starry sky is so wonderful."

I stare up and feel Cecil pull me into a hug and I feel my heart beating faster. Goddamnit shut up or he'll hear.

He smirks at me fidgiting.

"Am I making you nervous Leona?"

He whispers in my ear and I let out a whimper and he growls satisfied.

Okay time to pay him back for teasing me always. I can do this!

I push him onto the ground and kiss his neck. He makes quite a starled but super sexy sound. Then I put my lips to his ear.

"Does that feel so good?"

I'm suddenly turned to look up in the sky and he kisses me hungrily, leaving me breathless. He grins in the familiar mischievous way.

"I have to admit. I didn't expected that, not to say I didn't like that attack but I do like you under me way more."

Then he pulls me up and we just sit there, watching the countless stars until something rushes through the sky.

"Oh! A shooting star! Quick Cecil! Make a wish!"

He takes my hair in his hand, the wind blowing around us.

"I don't need to make one. I already have what I wish for."

I blush at his words and he kisses me on the forehead.

Cecil takes a blanket and holds it around him, his arms open.

"Come."

It doesn't take more than this word for me to get closer to him and snuggle into his warm hug.