Chapter 26

Inside is decoration everywhere with "Welcome home" and a cake on the table. Everyone shouts.

"welcome back Leona!"

And pop loud party poppers.

"Woah the hell"

I startle as Aiden rushed from my side and calls with the others together.

Then my Alpha approaches me.

"Hey Leona. We hope the Moon Claw pack took good care of you."

I'm about to lower my head but remember Cecils rules and take a breath. Then I look into his eyes and answered with a smile.

"Yes they did. I'm sorry I made you all worry."

He can't hide a hint of a smile.

"I see you changed. That's good."

He ruffles through my hair and I let out a sulky growl. Then he spins around.

"Alright guys! Let's eat cake!"

After the little party I went to my room. It's been only a few days but it feels like ages I was here the last time. So much has happend.

I think about Cecil and start missing him. Maybe I should mindlink him? No he's probably busy and doesn't want to be bothered.

I sit on my bed thinking about how to get myself not to miss him. I'm finally home so why it feels so weird?

That's not our home anymore Lea.

I'm surprised by Luna speaking up and she notices and continues.

You can't feel at home because our home is with the Moon Claw pack now.

But... I don't want to leave the Moonlit wolfs...

It's hard but we don't belong here anymore. You're gonna be Luna soon. You can't hide that you're feeling it. Your mind is craving for Cecil and I'm craving for Bandit. That's how it works.

Why it has to be like this? I finally found friends in my pack and I can't even be with them anymore? That's cruel.

I start crying, feeling that it's all so horribly unfair.

Leona... it will all be okay. We can still come here to visit.

I know but. But it's just not the same! I'm not ready to be Luna. What if I make a mistake?! I will have giant responsibility and if I fuck up, maybe lifes depend on it! What if someone dies because of me?!

Lea. The moon goddess send me to you. What's my name?

Huh? Luna...

Yes. And that means that you will be a great Luna. I promise you. Remember what Zack said? He would be happy to have you as his Luna. He respects you. And that little boy who showed us to Cecil? He looked up to you.

I don't know...

Trust me. I won't let you be a crap Luna! I'm gonna help you with decisions. And Cecil will be your Alpha. You will decide things together as the rulers of the pack.

I'm scared...

I know. That's normal. All of a sudden you have huge responsibility. But you will be a great Luna. I know it.

I hope you're right... I'm gonna talk to the Alpha and say I will leave the pack...

I head off to his study and knock on the door. His voice from the other side tells me to enter and I do so.

"Leona. Do you need something?"

He looks up from his desk.

"Yes I uhm wanted to talk about something if you have a spare moment."

He puts down his pen and gets up.

"I'm always open for listening to members of my pack."

He points to the chairs at a table.

"C'mon sit down."

I nod and go over to the table. I look down, trying to find the words.

"You're going to leave us?"

I look up surprised by his unexpected words.

"I... yeah... I mean.."

I look around, averting his eyes.

"Leona. You're gonna be a Luna soon. Have some more self confidence."

He says sitting with his arms crossed. He's right. If I can't even do this then how am I supossed to make life and death decisions?

I take a deep breath and straighten up and look him in the eyes.

"Yes that's right. I decided it's time I'm going to become Cecils mate and the Luna of the Moon Claw pack."

He smiles proudly.

"You really changed. Must be his training." 

I blush at his words and he chuckles.

"Anyway I knew you're gonna leave us soon. I was hoping it will take some more time since you just opened up to us but only because you're not living here anymore, doesn't mean you're not part of us anymore."

Tears dwell up at the corners of my eyes and I smile brightly.

"Thank you Alpha. You have no idea how much that means to me."

He smiles back and ruffles through my hair.

"I'm not your Alpha anymore. You can call me by my name."

I look at him surprised for a second but then smile.

"Thank you. Ash."