Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"You are suspended Miss Jewel Patron, this is unacceptable. For a month suspension. No more questions, get out of this room."

Hindi na maipinta ang mukha ni Jewel pagkalabas namin ng principal's office. She was going to step another foot when Arsen blocked her. Her eyes narrowed and flipped her hair—scoffing and finally, marching away from us. Napahawak pa ako sa braso ni Arsen pagkatapos ng nangyari ngayon. Teacher Aira is fired after what she did, she admitted that the Patrons gave her money to protect Jewel, I don't know why she accepted it, I mean maybe there is a way deep meaning to it.

Teacher Aira is rich, she doesn't need money from the Patron's that made me more curious about her. I was at our library when Dad just came with a smile on his face and paint materials. He walked towards me and patted my head as he planted a kiss.

"I heard was happened at school yesterday. I'm still furious about that teacher Jemima. Do you want me to—"

"No Dad. Okay naman ang lahat," I trailed, I don't Dad to know about how curious I am and my thoughts about this, because to be honest, I really feel weird about myself, like I'm no ordinary person, but maybe it is just my imagination hoping to be a witch like Hermione. But Dad is like me, his eyebrows were raised like he was waiting for something, he was like reading my extra-ordinary, magnificent, unpleasant mind.

I took a sharp sigh before nodding. His brows were furrowed and eyes wide open, "I think teacher Aira has some dirty old secrets that the Patron knows, reason why she accepted to defend Jewel, because think closely Dad, teacher doesn't need money, she is extremely rich! So that's the reason beside it. And I'm very curious what the secret it."

He didn't move, nor talk for five seconds. I think he is still processing the information in his head while he is intently looking at me, reading my mind and making me feel dizzy with his movements, until he looked away, at the window and sighed hardly like a heavy feather was tucked in his throat. "Don't do it Jemima. I'm warning you." His voice was very lion like, threatening me. Why do I have a feeling that they are hiding something from me? Or maybe it is just my hallucination.

"I'm not going to do something illegal Dad, I promise."

He then stood up and planted a kiss on my forehead with sincere eyes. "Make sure of that. I don't want to risk you."

I was really busy thinking about what Dad told me. It's summer and I'm just standing in front of my window with chocolate coca on my mug and waiting the rai to stop. I'm sure Kori is now complaining why is summer sometimes raining. Well global warming and climate change, that's why. My attention was diverted on my laptop screen, where a tear dropped from my eye, I knew for the first time that I wouldn't be accepted, but can a little girl have hopes too?

The rain was really my favorite reason in the whole year. It's gives me excuses not to go out and it really comforts me on my hardest times, and the reason why I wanted it to be night because, I can realize that even in the dark, I can shine, even in the darkest of times, I can find happiness around me, as the stars give me enough light to guide me to the right path, because stars, if there is no darkness, they cannot shine, maybe I'm a star too, I need to find the dark, to light myself away.