Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"Tell me, are you my sister?"

I was lost of words and look at her straight in the eye. Our position didn't change and the atmosphere was very vivid. I couldn't move and I couldn't even breath; just staring at her amber eyes that were full of fear and loneliness.

"No— "I haven't finish my sentence yet the elevator immediately stopped and a creek sound was in our ear. Her legs trembled as she caged me in her arms while the elevator shakes in its beat, I didn't know what to do than to hug her tight as I cover my mouth to not make a sound until the shaking disappeared.

I look everywhere when she gave up her embrace and checks herself while glancing at me from time to time.

I panicked when I tried pressing the buttons but it didn't light up!

My palms became sweaty and my forehead was full of droplets of water from my nerves. No, we can't be stranded. Not with her, she seems very abnormal because of what she said ask that if I'm her sister. What was she thinking? Yes, we look the same, but some people that are blood related aren't even that look alike, like me and Lia.

I licked my lip while walking back and forth and pressing the buttons once more but nothing would light up so I knocked the door but instead of opening, smoke came up!

"Don't panic. I'm here with you, let's just relax for now and wait until tomorrow for the maintenance."

I shifted my gaze at her and look at her unbelievably. How can she be so relaxing at a time like this? We are practically stranded at an elevator with nothing to eat, to drink, no light and no signal. Is that a good news to her? Oh and, were practically strangers, is she going to panic that I may steal something from her?

Her eyebrows shoot up as she held the pole beside her and sat down while she put her bag down and patted her side, glancing at me. Suggesting that I would sit beside her but I shook my head and hug myself while opening my phone with trembling hands.

"I won't eat you. C'mon, sit and tell me something about you. Maybe you're my sister— "

"I'm not your sister. You must be mistaken."

"How come? We look the same. You could be my lost sister."

My lips parted and stared at her for a moment as her right corner side lip rose. My curiosity is begging me to ask what happen to her sister and is she can give me some baby pictures but I stepped back and held the pole on my side then she began to play with her phone with loud noises that made the atmosphere more awkward for me.