Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"Jemima, you don't have to do this." I sighed and looked at his eyes before smiling. Nandito kami sa parking lot at kakatapos lang ng klase namin. Walang meeting ngayon ng club namin but Kori, Bridget, and Bia's have.

"It's been a month Arsen. Just ask someone to set us up, I'll explain to them everything and just wish me luck."

Plano ko sanang kausapin sila ngayon dahil parang hindi ko na kaya. They just walk right pass me like a ghost and guilt always enters my body afterwards. Kapag tatagal pa ito, siguro mababaliw na ako. I know they don't want any explanation but they deserve one.

They will just set us up in the green house then we'll talk. Hopefully it works.

Umiling pa din siya. "Pero—"

"Pina-iral ko ang pride ko at guilt sa buong buwan, I can't keep this anymore. It's almost graduation." I pleaded but he held my shoulder and looked at me with eyes full of pity.

Siguro awang awa na ang mga tao sa paligid ko. I sometimes wonder, did my friends just made friends with me because of pity? Will they be this depressed if I never wondered in their lives?

I want to fix this. They are the only friends I have and they are the only ones who makes me feel special, well except my family.

I bit my lower lip and tried to smile but tears stared to mold inside my eyes. "Hindi lang naman kasi sila ang nasasaktan—" I cut him again and held his hand to make sure everything is okay.

"All of us has our share faults but I'll just do the first move, I want to fix our friendship Arsen."

His fist clenched and removed my hand from his then gave me a tight embrace that made my tears fall to the ground as he patted my hair down to my back as my heart was going to explode.

Bakit parang may kulang? I look at the sky from the opening and wished that Mateo would read my letter. I hope we would be okay too.

Pero bigla akong nataranta noong naramdaman ko ang basa ng aking balikat as I hear him sniff. Is... is he crying?

I tried to push him away to clear things out but instead, he hugged me tighter—like Mateo did the last time.

"Bakit parating ikaw? Laging ikaw ang nauuna. Laging ikaw ang nagsasalba, laging ikaw ang unang kumakain ang pride, laging ikaw ang umiintindi. It's unfair Jemima." Para siyang batang nagsusumbong sa kanyang ina. I chuckled and fix his messy hair and just let him sniff my hair.