Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Mum? Where is she? I want to see yaya Delilah Mum. Please, I'm begging you." I sobbed in her chest while breathing heavily as my friends around me caresses my back. Nandito kami sa bahay ngayon and it feels so empty, my life feels so gray.

"Darlin, I'm so sorry. She is at London, why are you looking for her like she's here?" My heart felt cold while pumping fast. Tears started to fall again as Mum held me before we sit on the couch, holding my hand and staring at me intently like I said something wrong. They don't know that yaya is here? But I saw her twice inside my school. What could let her enter the school without my Mum's permission?

I look at her, being confused as well. "You don't know?"

"I don't know what?"

"That yaya is here in the Philippines! Mum, I saw her staring at me at the camping trip one night and this afternoon, I saw her near the jail booth!" I screamed at her while she handed me a cup of water.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I turn my gaze to Arsen whom his eyes were very confusing and doubting. I gulped when I saw his adams apple move and hoe his hands turn into a fist. He is mad at me... again.

I didn't answer his question and decided to just not meet his eyes while Mum was staring at both of us with curiosity. "We can't see you yaya in person because she was cremated. Her family wanted her that way because couldn't bear seeing how she died."

"How did she died?"

"JEMIMA! We can talk about this tomorrow my daughter. You can rest inside your room with your friends, we can call their parents." Dad cut the conversation but I stood up, facing her with tears all over my face. How can he raise my voice to me? Why can't we talk about yaya? Why won't they let me see her for the last time?

"Da—"

Dad shook his head and looked at me furiously. "No more buts young lady. Go to your room. NOW." His voice thundered all over the sala as I run upstairs, covering my face using my palm and sobbing on my bed sheets as I crumble all the book pages above my bed out of burst my anger when the door suddenly opened that revealed my friend face, but my eyes explored their back, wondering if I can find him at the back but I saw no shadow of him.

Maybe he left.

He was again disappointed in me.

My friends stayed all night in my room. Halos hindi na ako nakatulog dahil sa pag-iyak. I don't want them to make up because of me so I bit my lower lip al night as I put the comforter above me to make me cover up as my friends hug me from side to side.