Chapter 51

This is the last chapter of DTOB. Thank you so much silent readers for making it this far, I really appreciate your small gestures. The next update will be the Epilogue.

Mwa! Enjoy!

***

Chapter 51

I thought the war will end after we find the Topaz. I thought I can see the light of day without worrying that people may shoot me from afar using the laser. I thought we can already provide peace after this Topaz journey. I thought they were miles away from us.

But now, seeing everyone panic, grabbing their guns from the side and one by one, they run. I know it's not yet the end, it's just the beginning. After this, we won't be sure if they will stop. Lalo na't alam nila na marami na kaming alam tungkol sa kanila. Naging matatag ako sa mata ng maraming tao at alam ko ang sarili ko na pipiliin ko ang tama, but something inside me won't function.

Gusto kong idikta ang aking puso't isipan na hindi ko sila pamilya, na wala akong koneksyon sa kanila, but when I saw their eyes, especially mommy's, I feel so melted, but I won't be blinded just like that. There's a reason why they put me to the Millers, and I know it now.

They want me to not be like my family, and I'm very thankful because of it.

My eyes dig deep as I hold Hale's hand. He was still holding the Topaz when I grab it and put it on my boots as I gestured him a thumbs up.

He wiggles his head and in a second, we were shooting men from my own family. Cashmere was wearing a black mask so that they won't see her, ganun din si Trevor while Lia is being a ninja, kicking their balls and slicing their throat while her face was all visible.

How bold my sister is? Very.I smirked and sliced the right ear of a black man that was going to attack me with a long knife. He groaned in pain and was on the floor. Hindi na ako nagdalawang isip na barilin din siya sa kanyang puso. But when I move back, two muscular men was running towards me. Bridget shouts my name and throw me her gun, when I catch it, without a second thought, I lifted both of my hands in the air, throwing them enormous shoots.

Then bended down but when I jumped to the other side, the other guy was able to shoot the side of my leg. There was no blood but it still stings.

I throw Bridget back the gun as Kori leans and smiled at his husband who is now panting. "All clear here!" Rhys yelled and pulled Kori for a hug.

Bianca was punching a man in her right as I aim my gun to his head and he was doomed. My eyes roam for Lia who si smiling while walking towards us. But my eyes widened when I saw a woman aiming a gun at her back. "Lia! duck!" she hesitated. But then the woman exploded into pieces. Dali dali kaming napa-upo at napa-ubo dahil sa usok na binigay niya.