Chapter 47

Chapter 47

When teacher said that I would find out on my own what the chest meant, it keeps on popping on my head the entire time, it's like a tornado that had lived inside my head but I kept on pushing it away because it's nonsense but now, it all makes sense. Maybe, because the chest was empty because we haven't check what's inside it, like deep inside. We often see what's outside a person and if that person says he or she is okay, we'll accept it even though deep inside us, we know that he or she is lying.

I was really curious on that chest. Wanting to know more about it and what is it for to with us, but now, maybe, I will know the answer to my question.

"Your siblings mentioned another plan that involves you going to the Dela Cruz to be an eagle." Bianca opened up the conversation while the others are sleeping and we stopped over for some coffee. Ngumuwi ako at bahagyang ninamnam ang malamig na simoy ng hangin.

I nodded, throwing the cup on a trash bin and squatting, looking up to her.

"Yes, but not entirely. Cashmere and Trevor will open up what happened today and the Dela Cruz would realize that I'm their ally and would tell to my siblings to make me stay with you all. So that I can he here while being an ear on them." I explained. I thought of this while being with my siblings, somehow, they gave me a brief background of the Dela Cruz that they are smart, especially Abuela. I need to make the grandest entrance to impress her and make her trust me.

Lalo na't ang gusto niya sakin ay ang chip, well one of it.

Bianca claps her hands continuously as his bright smile lit up my face too.

"Your brilliant Jemi. All this time, Bridget and I are thinking that you're a traitor, but you're the hero." I don't know if it's a compliment or something bad. I just stared at her blankly. The side of her eyes already has wrinkles and her cheeks has some small pimples in it due to her lack of sleep.

I stood up and holds her hand. I can still remember how we've meet. How she always smiles widely when her Papa carries her and Bridget. How she always makes faces when Bridget hid something important to her.

How she dreamed of being a detective like her father and being a big sister at a same time. How she mourned when their father died but she remained strong in front of people even though, behind that face, it's full of sorrow and sadness.

"We are the heroes. We're a team, and we need to work together. Mas maganda kapag nakuha natin ang mga gems bago sila," we started to walk back to the van when she stopped and faced me.

"If they want the gems so badly, why can't we just give it to them so that our problems would just go away?"